RC Racer

Uses for JB Weld?

Picked up some jb weld at Home Depot today. I have heard some good things about this stuff. Any ideas of uses for this stuff? Was thinking maybe a roll cage.

You break you buy

RC Champion
    The stuff is great for gluing various types of styrofoam together. You might be able to glue tires with it. It has excellent working time and cleans up far easier than CA. The final bond is extremely strong. If you've used Shoo-Goo, it's a similar style of glue, only much thinner, lighter and easier to work with. It would probably work for repairing bodies as well.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by zippogeek View Post
    The stuff is great for gluing various types of styrofoam together. You might be able to glue tires with it. It has excellent working time and cleans up far easier than CA. The final bond is extremely strong. If you've used Shoo-Goo, it's a similar style of glue, only much thinner, lighter and easier to work with. It would probably work for repairing bodies as well.
    i think your thinking of the wrong thing. jb weld is permanent almost like a weld. i use it to lock differentials. other uses were patching hole in gas tank. but if you really were talking about the right stuff. opps. ive just never heard of jb weld/Styrofoam or on a tire. lol
    Last edited by ajcar; 02-02-2013 at 04:45 PM.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Racer
    Well I know that there are a bunch of different types of jb weld. The stuff I got seemed more like the stuff for metals.

You break you buy

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by ajcar View Post
    i think your thinking of the wrong thing.
    Aw crud, I was thinking of WELDER brand adhesive (which is awesome). Sorry!

http://www.amazon.com/Welder-Contact...ef=pd_sxp_f_pt
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Qualifier
    It's good stuff, sort of like a two part epoxy where it's just used to hold stuff together or fix a crack in stuff. The metal won't be too useful on a RC but on something like an ATV it's like the lazy man's way of fixing a crack in a frame.

RC Enthusiast
    +1rcdriver i use jbweld more for my motocross stuff (because im lazy and dont have a welder) i wouldnt recommend it for rc although i have heard of people using it to fix a striped hex part on a wheel

RC Champion
    Ive used JB weld on a long list of things and it is a great product. My very first use was on the radiator of my 1986 IROC Z Camaro back in the day. It had plastic end caps and it got a split on one side near the top and sprung a leak. Everywhere I went they told me I had to replace the radiator, it could not be repaired. A friend had told me about JB weld so I decided to try it for a few $$ Vs a few hundred $$ on a new radiator. Sanded the spot lightly, mixed up the JB weld, applied it to the affected area, let it cure. Good as new and the car still had the same radiator in it when I sold it in 1994. Last major repair I did with it is when the heater tube on my hot tub split, I didnt drain it correctly when I shut it down for the winter. That was a stainless housing. Same deal with surface prep and it worked like a charm and saved me $400 on a new heater. For RC use I have used it several times to repair stripped out screw holes by drilling then filling the hole, letting it cure, then drilling and tapping out the hole. After the repair it holds up better than the plastic did as I can run in a screw VERY tight and it wont strip.