RC poster

Castle sidewinder 3

Is anyone running the new waterproof Sidewinder3 esc with the VXL motor? I have a Summit on the way
    that is in need of an ESC and I know everyone has trouble with the vxl. I am considering going this route then going to a castle 4600 motor later if I have any issues. I will probably only be running 2s but would like
    to run 3s for speed runs every once in a while.

RC Qualifier
    I'd run the stock one till it quits - We still have a couple old ones that have not had any problems (had a couple fail too)
    Any electronic device will only live so many hours so you might as well get your money's worth out of it, at least till you change motors FWIW
    There are lots of ways to do that. Most are wrong.

RC poster
    Well I guess Ill try the Sidewinder 3 esc with the vxl motor. Just ordered the esc and it should be here next week. Hopefully the Summit I picked up from the marketplace is not too beat. Oh well its winter and I cant ride mx so I need something to work on anyway.

RC Qualifier
    Upgrades are cool no matter how you look at it!

RC poster
    Well I got everything swapped over to my new chassis and installed my sidewinder 3 ESC. After going thru the programming several times I can't figure out why I can't brake in reverse. It drives in reverse then will go straight to forward without braking first. I have to tell myself not to do this or I will end up stripping something. I'm running a 2s lipo and man this thing is powerful down low. I can't compare it to the VXL esc because I never got to drive it with it but I can say it will do backflips from a stand still on carpet or pavement. Its fun but challenging to get used to.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by photon_trap View Post
    I'd run the stock one till it quits
    Sorry I misread your original post.
    +1 for Sidewinder3