Thread: titan 550

RC Racer

titan 550

i bought my mini summit in November 2012 and scene than i have gone through three motors. I run a traxxas 2cell lipo on an xl2.5 esc what am i doing wrong. The truck never sees water i need an idea on what i'm doing wrong because they are getting expensive.PLEASE HELP!!!

RC Qualifier
    I not sure cjroy, my old pede had the 550 in it mine was fine on it. Might be where you running it like thru tall grass will heat them up pretty quick and constant speed runs I heard does it too so might be a heating issue with them not sure though sure someone else on here can correct me if I am wrong.

RC Racer
    it wount make it through tall grass for starters and i don't realy do any speed runs.sooooo,any one else have any ideas

RC Qualifier
    Do you break it in.. do you clean it with electric cleaner.. do you drive it in dirt and not clean it.. why havent you gone brshless 3 motors 20 dollar each 60$ total a tacon brushless 25 dollars and a ezrun esc 30 to 40 60$ and bam you got a fast and awsome truck!!!!!

RC Racer
    Hmm my sons digger is 7 months old and I never broke it in or cleaned the motor and she still runs fine, just nimh though

RC Qualifier
    Well then you not driving it right LOL

RC Racer
    from nimh to lipo is a word of difference i know i couldn't go back to a nimh after 30 mph speeds on a lipo.

RC Qualifier
    It Probably is that you are using lipo the motors and are only ment to go so fast!!! and yes it is i tried it and omg stop the wheelies!! just a little tap Boom on the lid!!

RC Champion
    thats a crock.

run my titan 12t in a 10th scale 2wd buggy on dirt oval and run wot for 4 minutes strait.

titans are hit and miss, all you can do is break them in and keep them clean.
    FieroMan121|SPC LiPo powered|Vintage TRX collector

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by CHKMATE ELUDER View Post
    Hmm my sons digger is 7 months old and I never broke it in or cleaned the motor and she still runs fine, just nimh though
    Have you oiled the motor??

RC Enthusiast
    just go brushless. Some more expensive but realy worth it. You get so much more power and I`m running my 380 velineon for a year now and only replaced the ball bearings. And beleave me I m not that friendly to my motor. I think i completely submerged it for about 10 times and never cleaned it yet.... So that will solve those problems. Be carefull on the throttle cause your rear diff is not that strong and can stripp pretty easy when doing a lot of wheelies on hard surfaces......