RC poster

fastest you have ever broken something?

So this story starts when this chrismas my parents bought me an e revo and i was very excited unfortunatly it was the brushed version and it just wasnt fast enough for me so after only running it once i took the motors and esc out and the poor revo sat on the shelf begging to be driven. Finaly i recieved my mamba monster upgrade this past monday and was estatic, i installed it that night but it was dark when i finished

tuesday: the snow was very soft and melting which i didnt want to run my brand new revo in mostly because i didnt want to clean it afterwards

Wednesday: it reached something like 59 degrees that day so all the snow was gone but seeing as i would be running on dirt it was very muddy and lots of puddles so i passed it up again

thursday: Finally the ground was hard packed almost zero snow and it wasnt raining so i finally get to drive it and it totally blew me away compared to the brushed version it couldnt compare the performance was just amazing i was especially impressed with the suspension but unfortunatly i got trigger happy and pulled a wheelie full throttle and failed to see a rut from the frozen mud while doing a wheelie the back end flipped up and over and over it went almost like a cartwheel as i watched my car fly by me flipping in the air heading straight for my dads truck out of control. It hit the fender of the truck and fell to the ground with a broken rear axle carrier i literally had 3 to 4 minutes of driving time so my question is how fast have you broken something on your rig?
    Slash 4x4 mostly stock, 1/16 e revo slightly moded

RC poster
    Sorry about your story, mine goes like this.
    I bought my e-revo brushless and slash 4x4 mid last year. I'm a basher, not a racer. I got the slash becuase I wanted something I could drive in the winter and rain.
    Last week the snow finally let up here. It was clear enough to go have fun with the slash. My neighbor had a huge snow pile, I'd guess 5.5' tall at the peek. I ran the slash over there and ramped it. It landed on its rear wheels a little rough. I started giving it throttle but it wasn't moving very fast, like my slipper was loose. I drove it over to myself and noticed I broke one of my rear yokes and didn't have any spares. I'd guess I had it out for 10 minutes total before it broke.
    The next day we got a perfect snowfall. I REALLY wanted to take something out. My only option was the e-revo. I looked up a few tips on how to make it water resistant. I made my own version using a thick plastic bag. Right when I went outside, I saw that snow pile staring at me. Taunting me. The first thing I thought, I need to show that snow pile a REAL RC. I drove the revo over to the ramp, made a test run up the slope, and backed up. I hit the ramp at 15-20mph. Landed in the same manor, hard in the rear. I limped the revo to me and guess what? Broke the rear drive shaft, right where it connects to the yoke.

2 RCs down within 10 minutes of getting them out.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by dart View Post
    how fast have you broken something on your rig?
    Sorry for your loss.

I haven't had the misfortune of breaking my cars that soon. But on two occasions, I have utterly and completely obliterated a new plane seconds from takeoff. I'm talking "two-fisters" here -- when they nosedive so hard, you actually need two fists to pull the motor out of the ground!
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Shimmed the stock diffs next ride stripped the ring gear put a stronger ring and pinion. Next ride shattered the spider gears

RC Champion
    Fastest I broke something was a body that I meticulously painted. Had every bit of 20 hours in it. In less than 10 minutes of run time I let off the throttle on a jump take off and nose dived it and it cartwheeled and put a huge split in the body and gouged up the brand new bumpers.

RC Qualifier
    When I first put a 3800 sct in my stock merv. Every time I took it out, I got between 30 sec and 10 minutes before I broke something. Lol went through about 5 differentials before I learned about shimmimg them. 3 spur gears before I learned how to properly set gear mesh. And all kinds of other stuff. It's a steep and expensive learning curve when you upgrade motor and nothing else!
    Last edited by the finisher; 02-02-2013 at 10:52 AM.
    addicted much....

RC Enthusiast
    My heart broke after the esc burned on the first run of the car.........

RC Qualifier
    I've broken cvds in one lap of the track, and the stupid rod ends. I used to demolish a full set of ends in a few laps, only use rpms now and haven't busted on yet. Also had 30 seconds into a run and then the fire came
    I reject your reality and substitute my own!

RC Enthusiast
    2 pushrods bended, 4 pushrod ends and a front a-arm after 30 mins on my 6th session, guess I got a bit more aggressive with my jumping.

RC poster
    I bought a brushless e-revo and ever since, it has been raining or snowing. I then got the chance to run it in a house made for horseback riding. Pedal to the metal with 4s lipos straight in to the wall. I miscalculated somehow and started to break/turn too late. Broke 3 a-arms and the chassie, drove it for maybe 15 minutes in total including testing it indoors.

I got the replacement parts yesterday and guess what, the lower left suspension arm was a right one, bought the 5332 part, sealed and everything. Trying to figure it out I basically unscrewed most of the front part of the car and now I'm thinking if I ever going to get this thing back to geather. Can't find any instructions videos of it either, tons for the VXL model but nothing for the large one. Exploded view probably works fine for all the mechanics around here, for a computer guy like me, it's greek :-)

check the products page ~
    ele
    BL Revo
    downloads
    exploded views
    Last edited by 87 GN; 02-07-2013 at 08:26 AM.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Racer
    I upgraded to the aluminum Traxxas front bulkhead on my E-Maxx and the next day my boy hit a fence post and twisted them, broke the bumper mount, the bulkhead cross brace, and bent the new Traxxas E-clip suspension pins on one side. The RPM arms all survived!

I again replaced the bulkhead with another Traxxas aluminum set and upgraded to Lundsford titanium pins. So far so good.

Sent from a Galaxy S3, far....far away.

First time I tried 2/3s I shredded the stock rear right tyre within a few minutes...I should of known better .
    Rock n Rolla !

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    check the products page ~
    ele
    BL Revo
    downloads
    exploded views
    Right, I've seen that but since the bulkhead and the a-arms are both broken I find it a bit messy and was thinking there must be something on youtube, but unfortunately they are all for the 1/16 model...

Pull up a couple of the build threads there is alot of pic & info..........

The start of URTOAST
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5329137
    Last edited by 87 GN; 02-08-2013 at 06:04 AM.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC poster
    Thats great 87 GN! Thanks for the link.

RC Qualifier
    10 min into my first run with a new stampede 4x4 with a mmp 2400 combo hit curb removed front wheel from truck i wanted to cry.

RC Champion
    Mine isnt too bad. Bought my first real rc car, Nitro Rustler. Right after the proper break in i put it away for the night. Next day after getting home from work took it out and within, not even kidding, ten seconds i melted through a spur gear. Being brand new to this hobby i was freaking out because i thought it was broke. Needless to say with some research and the extremely helpful people here in the forum i got it fixed....well after figuring how to set the spur gear correctly. Which was after about 7 of them lol

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

RC poster
    Oh geeze i just went over my cousins house and was running in very light snow after taking a jump the car shut off, afraid i fried the esc i brought it to the garage and blew it off with an air gun and found a broken axle shaft luckily the esc still works so i picked up some constant velocity shafts which are really cool and took it out again in about 2 inches of snow but the car was packed full of snow and then my horror became reality cause it fried my esc :'( oh well
    Slash 4x4 mostly stock, 1/16 e revo slightly moded

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    on a 4 cell speed run on my merv got up to over 50+ and nailed the throttle too hard .front end came up flipped over and started to cartwheel for over 50ft .body flew off and my gps went 20ft in the air and shattered when it hit the ground

RC Champion
    Just did another and didnt know it.
    Front diff broke after just having been replaced with brand new in 10 miuntes, Didnt hit anything, didnt flip it NADA. Didnt even know it until I tore it down to migrate to a Kershaw chassis.

I received my emaxx in the mail, unboxed it assembled it, put a couple packs in and took it out to the front yard. I drove in out into the street and then brought it back to me, I misjudged the distance a little bit and it ran right into the back tire of my car and broke the front shock tower. That was the first of many shock towers that were broken on that truck, that why I don't have it anymore. The revo I have yet to actually break anything myself the cvds tend to come apart from time to time though.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy