RC Racer

Just came home with her!!!!!!

My soon to be wife and I went to the lhs today and I bought a Summit!!. This isnt my first summit but its the only one that I have now. I wanted green but they only had the Black/Red so thats what I bought along with 2 orange springs and a light bar for the top. When I got home I ordered 2 SPC 2s 8200mah 50c lipos which should be here next week. I do plan on upgrading the motor soon but im just not sure if I want brushless or the dewalt motor. Will be getting some trencher tires as well as some beadlocks if I can find them. Any suggestions for beadlocks to fit prolines trenchers?

RC Champion
    Axial makes some that will fit, but they will rub your A Arms. At least if you are talking Series 40 Tires (3.8" I think.) And I think the Axials are also too wide for Trenchers, but I dont have any so Im not 100% sure. I know you can get some aluminum beadlocks, but they are REALLY expensive and heavy. I think they are something like $150 for 2. Im not sure exactly how much, I just know they are pretty pricy.
    Slash MT, 1/10 Summit.

RC Racer
    Yes I was thinking of the 40 series trenchers on these wheels. Are you sure they will rub? http://www.axialracing.com/products/ax8043

RC Champion
    Congratulations.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Competitor
    The Mickey Thompson Classic II's are slightly narrower than the Axials. From what I was able to find, the Axial's are 81mm whereas the MT's are 74mm.

I bought my MT beadlocks from rc4wd, paid $200 for 4. They're solid, love how the extra weight keeps the tires (I'm using baja claws) planted when crawling.
    Summit w/ TQi
    Rustler VXL

RC Racer
    Looks like I may just have to glue some tires. I may just go with proline desperados with either trenches or the trencher x. I had trencher x on my last summit so I don't know if I want the trenchers or trencher x this time around.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

RC Champion
    If you buy Pro-Line Wheels, look into the 1/2" offset wheels. I think the Desporados are available with the offset.
    Slash MT, 1/10 Summit.