RC Enthusiast

Battery vent reversing?

I have seen pics somewhere that someone had reversed the battery vents. I am thinking about doing that with my front vents to keep snow and water from simply getting thrown into my battery compartment. Are there any negatives to this?

No negatives I can foresee.they were helpful when you run Nimh batts for cooling.
    Lipo should not get hot at all

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Reversing them how? Like, flipping them upside down? If your running lipos youd be better off just covering them up. The rears are best when you take the little teeth out and run your battery wires through the opening. But, the vents themselves are one piece with the battery door latch, so you cant just remove them or start messingn around with them or your battery doors wont stay closed properly.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Qualifier
    Dangit Pave you really know how to crush a man. I saw this thread pop up and I thought, "sweet, why havent I thought of this", because I too am tired of cleaning out my batt trays. This was going to be one of the first things I did when I got home.

And now I have nothing!!!!! I even pulled up the chassis spec sheet and tried to prove you wrong. I should have known better.
    SUMMIT, SUMVO, ERBE, EMAXX & REVO 3.3

RC Enthusiast
    I'm thinking that i should be able to swap sides of the front ones and the latch still work.

I have the set of nimh that came with the truck as well as a set of lipos, but normally I run the lipos. I'm just trying to come up with ways to worry less when it falls into water that's deeper than I thought or I pack it full of snow (which I did today and it was FUN!!)

Sent using Tapatalk, via an iPad, meaning, if there are stupid words blame autocorrect and if things are stupidly punctuated blame the iPad keyboard.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Have you tried fabbing up something that fits under the vents when you bolt it down?
    I have not looked into it further than the idea, but I imagine something thin like aluminum from a pop can or scrap lexan would work.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.