RC Champion

Aluminum bell crank setup for Blue Eagle and similar vehicles

I decided to redo the steering setup on my Blue Eagle. The previous setup was a bit sloppy and a pain to work on. The new one is much tighter and and easier to work on. I used the Rustler bell crank from my previous setup and some parts from a old T-Maxx bell crank. The posts and plastic spacers to be exact. Its all held together with Lunsford links. I also removed the pivot balls from my bulk head supports. If you have any questions just ask.

Oderint Dum Metuant

Looks good! That center link needs to shortened a whole lot for it to work right though.

RC Champion
    Thanks.

And I didn't mess with the center link from the previous setup. Before it was a matter of clearance between the link and chassis. To use that bell crank the arms have to be swapped so the the tabs that would stick out now stick in. With the extra height I could shorten the center link but it works well as is. Almost no bump steer that I can see and nothing locks up. There is also the small matter of having to buy new links if I shorten the center one. With standard Eagle arms its not such a big deal but with the Pro-Line Pro-Trac arms I would need some rather long steering links.
    Oderint Dum Metuant

RC Champion
    a set of the houge(?) or kranzel bellcranks for the rc10 will fit even better and keep the stock geometry

https://www.kranzelshobbies.com/2010...-nose-plate-2/

set of the (i think) houge bell cranks from my trx1.
    http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/r...1/DSCF0245.jpg
    FieroMan121|SPC LiPo powered|Vintage TRX collector