Thread: Shock towers?

Shock towers?

I am thinking about joining the rally crew...I've been checking these out for sometime now and browsing through the build threads.

My question is: RPM or Aluminium shock towers and why?

I am wanting to build my own rally and trying to get my head around some of the upgrades I've seen a few guys doing here/
    Rock n Rolla !

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    If you plan on running the car on road the Alloy shock towers are great. I only run them on my on road cars (Rally & Rusty). Traxxas & STRC offers these as a great upgrade and they really beef up the shock/bulk area.

If you plan on bashing it at the SC track, sk8te park, or tons of jumps i'd suggest RPM as a replacement. You won't have to worry about these bending out of shape. JMHO
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

RC Champion
    I'm sure the RPMs are good. Haven't had a problem with my stock towers yet; then again I haven't really crashed it. Yet.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Not that it needs to be said... but I do agree %100 with digger. His answer is exactly what mine would have been.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Thanks guys...this build will be a dedicated 4s street machine only, I want it capable of running up to 5s. I'll keep my eRevo and eSlayer for the big jumps, sk8 parks and the tracks.

Aluminium shock towers it is then...my plan is to buy a roller and strip it down and customise to my liking. I like humay's build and was thinking of doing something similar to him...Pave and Digger, great threads guys...very informative, lots of info and pics and has helped me gather a lot of valuable info from them that has helped me decide on this build.

What are some great ESC/motor combos to run on the rally that can handle up to 6s?
    Rock n Rolla !

Texas, Chemical Plant along the Gulf Coast
    Quote Originally Posted by craig.mitch316 View Post
    What are some great ESC/motor combos to run on the rally that can handle up to 6s?
    The Castle Creations Mamba Monster ESC & 1515 2200kv motor would be a perfect match for up to 6S. Soon CC should be shipping the new MM2 waterproof, and also has an updated BEC with outputs between 5 and 7 volts. It would be worth waiting for this ESC.

There are other options but this one hard to beat for the price.
    Weak Revenge
    Strong Forgive
    Intelligent Ignore

I have a Tekin RX8 2000kv combo I was going to use in an eRevo platform build...I'm thinking of shelving that project for a while and building a rally instead. Would that motor be overkill or to big for the rally?

Electronics is not a strong point of mine as I am more mechanically minded.

The esc does not have to be waterproof either...I don't plan in running in wet conditions.

Is any one here running a centre diff or is that a different chassis altogether?

Thanks,
    Craig.
    Rock n Rolla !

Just bumping this up

I have a Tekin RX8 2000kv combo I was going to use in an eRevo platform build...I'm thinking of shelving that project for a while and building a rally instead. Would that motor be overkill or to big for the rally?
    Any ideas?? is the motor to big or should I look at a 2400kv motor

Is any one here running a centre diff or is that a different chassis altogether?
    How does the centre diff improve the performance of the car and is it a worth while upgrade if planning on doing high speed runs??
    Rock n Rolla !