Thread: MMM wiring ?

RC poster

MMM wiring ?

I just got a Erevo with the MMM. And i was curious how it was supposed to be wired for dual battery's .
    Looks like a homemade connector for the battery's and wasn't sure if it was correct or not. Thanks in advance for the help.

I will take a picture of it if that helps ?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Should be wired in series

pictures always help to see what your esc looks like right now. you need to solder on connectors in series. take a look at a MMM and see if your looks like it
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC poster
    Picture of esc.

And here is a picture of the connector for the two battery's.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
    Picture of esc.

And here is a picture of the connector for the two battery's.

ok now the first picture the esc is not wired in series. now the second picture is a series connector which the esc is more than likely suppose to be wired like that since most if not all MMM are wired in series. You can desolder the esc connector and wire it like the series connector wire harness is if you want or you can use it like that. I am using a series connector on my emaxx just like you are but i need thicker Gauge wires 10-12g on mine but its works good and gives me the option to run just 1 battery

RC poster
    So iam good to go then ? Does the series give more speed or longer run times ?

pic #5

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5400879

that can work well if you have younger drivers. Run one 2s or 3s to slow the truck for them. Then run the series adapter with two batts for more power & speed......

higher the voltage the more power & speed.

Batts in series double the voltage:
    2x 2s 20c 5000mah = 4s 20c 5000mah

Batts in parallel double the mah capacity:
    2x 2s 20c 5000mah = 2s 20c 10,000mah.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    That's kind of long for a series connector shorter the better and like mike said 10g or at least 12 g would work
    What gauge wire is that?
    Here is the newer mamba monster wiring
    Last edited by 50togo; 01-31-2013 at 07:55 PM.

RC poster
    Its 12 awg wire.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Shorten it up and you will be good

see the MMM esc has 10g on it i thought why not stick with 10g if its a series connector right? better for no additional resistance since its going to be using additional connectors already. I could be wrong its just me i like to go a little above sometimes and wire well wire is not too pricey.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by 50togo View Post
    Shorten it up and you will be good
    Be good for what ? The truck performs great and nothing get hot. I was just curious if it was done correctly and if it was series or parallel . Cant really shorten the wires cause the battery's have short wires and they barely reach as it is.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Then I would go 10g like mikes says. You wont know what your missing if you never had it

RC poster
    Why change it ? What am i missing ?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You are loosing amperage to the motor. I wouldn't run long 12g on my neu small block but if your happy with it don't worry

RC poster
    Yah it runs great and is extremely fast so yah iam happy. Its not likes its going to go that much faster with 10g wire. Maybe alittle bit but not enough to make that big of a difference.

keep an eye on temps on the connectors and wires when running high speed or hard bashing ok, i know my series connector due to me having 16g heats up just a little and i dont like it at all. I will get my wires as soon as i can maybe i can sneak it in the monthly money

You know getting old thing, if I remember the 10ga will not fit a Traxxas conector, without a little/alot of love......

RC Champion
    10 Gauge in a Traxxas connector is not for the faint of heart or thise with less than superlative soldering skills. Its a real pain! been there and done that on one but dont think Im goung to do it again. For the ERBE you will need both packs to run is series pretty much all the time. Anything less will make it run very slow and cause a higher current draw, it a lot of truck to power.

If you really want the easy way out on this it would take only a little finess of removing the pins intact from the ESC connector, removing the female connector from you series harness by taking out the pins from the male connectors then inserting the pins on the ESC into the male connectors where you removed the others. You will end up like 50togo's pic and shorter wires with minimal effort.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 08-02-2013 at 08:41 AM.

RC Champion
    I made this last week since my truggy and buggy are setup for 1 4s or 6s battery and all I have are 2s batteries.

Wasn't too bad to make

The esc in my erevo was wired for 1 battery as well, but I added another connector to make it like stock.
    Last edited by Zepher; 02-01-2013 at 01:43 PM.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

now thats what im talking about Zepher

two of the four spade connectors is not locked in^ the other two look good.........
    that is the prob with 10 ga wire..........getting the spade locked in.....

Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    two of the four spade connectors is not locked in^ the other two look good.........
    that is the prob with 10 ga wire..........getting the spade locked in.....
    i got that too on mine i got the solder just a tad over the line there i file it down on a couple but some others i left it and holds in and works good still i know i should correct it maybe i will after read this.

another job for the dremel.......

yup what i am going to do, i just thought well i need to solder on 10 or 12g wires so i dont mess with it right now since the solder is going to come off.

RC Champion
    Ya, I need to fix the spade eventually, but it's getting good contact.
    The wire flattens out when you solder it to the spade. I'll try heating up the spade first and get that to melt the solder on the wire. I was tinning up the wire and then heating the wire which heats the spade but flattens the wire from the pressure.
    ERBE, ERBE, Summit, Slash 4X4, Bandit,

RC Champion
    The way I do it is to tin the spade first, just a little on the very end. It will run up the spade but still be below the no mans land mark. Then tin the wire and while its still hot put my iron back on the spade at a 45 degree angle and set the wire down on the spade to where its also touching the iron. Takes just a second ot two for everything to fuse together. Real trick is having a decent Iron with a good chisel tip and enough heat. Also avoid the bigger the blob the better the job method. I can look at the wire in the above adaptor and tell it was tinned without enough heat and that solder creeped up inside the insulation.