RC Enthusiast

8.4v nimh vs 9.6v nimh

I have been toying with the idea of buying a 9.6v for my stock 2wd pede. I run a 8.4v currently but I want a bit more punch and lipo is not an option i dont want to deal with lipo and buying a new charger. So how much of a diff will a 9.6v be for speed and power vs a 8.4v and is it worth the extra money.

RC Champion
    More cells = more voltage = faster performance. With the extra cell, you *might* even get more run time. However, can a 9.6v fit into the pede? That I don't know...
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Champion
    Also, can the stock motor handle 9.6v?
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    The extra voltage will not get you extra run time... only more mAh can get you more run time.
    With creativity, anything can work in anything... most of the time. lol

Is your ESC capable of the extra voltage?
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Enthusiast
    Yeah i know that mah is where the run time comes from. I was just wondering if the extra volt would make that much of a performance diff. The traxxas web sit says the esc can handle up to 9.6v and a 7.4 lipo thats the max. If i get a hump pack it will work fine but I do run 7cell flat in my pede now i use a velcro strap to hold it in. Way easier than messing with the stupid clips any way. The 7cell flat sits like a 1/4" behind my servo plus adds weight the front to reduce wheelies but had and wanted to upgrade springs to VG progressive racing spings to control body roll.
    Last edited by shawn3putt; 02-01-2013 at 10:00 AM.