RC Enthusiast

Lipo and brushed esc???

I have a evx-2 waterproof 16.8v esc, can i use 2x 2s lipo on this? Do i have to change some settings?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

yes you can, think you need the LVD turned on...

http://traxxas.com/sites/default/fil...EVX-2_INST.pdf
    Last edited by 87 GN; 01-31-2013 at 01:01 PM.
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Enthusiast
    Tnx, so the only thing i have to do is to turn ON the low voltage alarm?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    Look behind your easy set button and see if it says "Low Voltage Protection". If it does not, than you have the earlier version that does not have that feature. Mine does not

Question for you all, is it an alarm or a low voltage cut off? I was understanding that it was a two step system that cut to half power at a certain (slightly higher) voltage, and then shortly after would cut off completely at a lower voltage to provide the ultimate fail safe and protection.

Can anyone verify how the Traxxas protection works please?

Sent from a Galaxy S3, far....far away.

RC Qualifier
    that exactly how mine works.it will go to half power then shortly after that just stop.then you have to unplug the batteries to get it to turn off the ez button wont work

The Low-Voltage Detection circuitry constantly monitors the battery voltage. When the battery voltage begins to reach the minimum recommended discharge voltage threshold for LiPo battery packs, the EVX-2 will limit the power output to 50% throttle. When the battery voltage attempts to fall below the minimum threshold, the EVX-2 will shut down all motor output. The LED on the speed control will slowly blink red, indicating a low voltage shutdown. The EVX-2 will stay in this mode until a fully charged battery is connected.

in the link I posted....

RC Racer
    Man, that's what I need bad for my stupid 2008 E-Maxx, it doesn't have the words Low Voltage Protection, and I want to try Lipo in it. I use mine in wet conditions, so I don't think those little circuit board things would last one time out in my yard.

RC Enthusiast
    It was no low voltage marks at my esc. Now it is green lights. So it chould be armed now?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillejon78 View Post
    It was no low voltage marks at my esc. Now it is green lights. So it chould be armed now?
    Does your ESC say "Low Voltage Detection" just behind the Easy Set button?

If you say no, then you do not have the ability of LVD, no matter what the LED is doing.

After posting that "I really need that" yesterday, I went on eBay and paid $76 shipped for a brand new Traxxas "take off" of the new version. So I'm converting to LVP!

then use a LVA & put it in a man sock, or anything to help keep it dry
    thanks to KSB

RC Enthusiast
    Yes i can use a battery-alarm pligged in the balance-plug in one of the battery,

not sure if that is a Q...? but yes plug into one battery. I stick the balance wire out of the vent. When I had smaller mAh batts I could put the LVA in the batt compartment.