RC Enthusiast

Caster block problem

I may have made a mistake but I put the integy casters on her and if she gets loose at high speeds and rolls 9 times out of 10 the screw comes out of the casters and ideas on a permanent fix??????

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    If the caster block is metal, which being Integy it should be then you can use thread lock.

RC Champion
    Get rid of the integy part, an get the traxxas or strc part. You'll find that integy parts are inferior almost every time to other brands. Your pin problem will go away when you swap parts.

RC Qualifier
    Given the number of negative opinions about Integy parts out on the web I am kind of surprised anyone still gets them. I can kind of understand people getting a solid aluminum part thinking they couldn't possibly mess it up. But when I see ppl buying things like their piggy-back shocks to replace good performing very serviceable Traxxas parts I kinda despair.
    Last edited by cunawarit; 01-28-2013 at 01:10 PM.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by cunawarit View Post
    Given the number of negative opinions about Integy parts out on the web I am kind of surprised anyone still gets them. I can kind of understand people getting a solid aluminum part thinking they couldn't possibly mess it up. But when I see ppl buying things like their piggy-back shocks to replace good performing very serviceable Traxxas parts I kinda despair.
    You kind of dispair!!! Now thats taking r/c to heart.. OP, just put back the stock ones. they hold up well, I don't think I've ever broken one and I've had a few memorable crashes.
    Maxx3.3/ rusty5700/ slash3800/ slash5700 /4tec3.3

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by cunawarit View Post
    If the caster block is metal, which being Integy it should be then you can use thread lock.
    The screw on the right side, always right never left, would back out of my traxxas aluminum caster block every time we ran the truck. Blue Loctite took care of it that problem. We ran the Rustler pretty hard over the weekend and the screw didn't move.

I've broken the stock plastic caster block and couldn't believe how badly bent the non-broken side was when I replaced the plastic parts with aluminum. I think aluminum caster block is an important upgrade. I like the Traxxas part and others report good results with STRC. I've stayed away from integy because of posts on this forum so I have no firsthand experience with them.

PM me if ya wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex!
    Use the integy c-blocks until they fail. You may get some use out of them. You paid for em, may as well get as much use as you can out of them. I wouldnt wreck too much though.
    Wanna bash at Greenwood Bashplex in Pittsburgh ???

RC Champion
    Oh, you said the screw comes out. I was thinking the end was popping out of the top of the caster. If the screw is just 'unscrewing' out, then put some blue loctite on it. That should be done for any metal-to-metal screws.

RC Enthusiast
    I ended up taking some screws from a old Losi parts car I have that had bolts with it and just bolted it on. If it comes off now there's a problem.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Use the integy c-blocks until they fail. You may get some use out of them. You paid for em, may as well get as much use as you can out of them. I wouldnt wreck too much though.
    I agree but its kinda hard to keep the car under control at high speed with anaconda tires on both ends of cars since they balloon so much very sketchy

RC Qualifier
    I know everyone trashes Integy, but I have used their c-blocks on 2 Nitro Rustlers and 1 Electric Rustler. They never let me down. They are just a solid piece of aluminum.
    Nitro Rustler, Rustler HW Brushless Motor, ESC

RC Enthusiast
    Well this is the first time I have ever bought aluminum parts.all integy I got front bulkhead, type 1 bumper, caster blocks and steering blocks so we shall see. The bulkhead seems awfully tough. The front bumper bends easy....ugh I dont know

Is it a 2 piece ft bulk?

I have no doubt the integy c-blocks will be less snap resistant than the stockers. Thats why I say use the ones you pay for. They cant hurt your truck... If they bend they can bend your steering kingpins. Thats all...

RC Enthusiast
    Is it a 2 piece ft bulk?

I have no doubt the integy c-blocks will be less snap resistant than the stockers. Thats why I say use the ones you pay for. They cant hurt your truck... If they bend they can bend your steering kingpins. Thats all...
    No the 5 bug is 1 piece just drilled and tapped where the screws go. And as far as the stand up and go once I bend them a buddy of mine is a master machinist he's going to make me a full set from titanium

RC Qualifier
    I have the c blocks on my almost three year old pede. They have been fine. The bulkhead is what taught me about Integy before I started into these forums. I got about ten packs out of the bulkhead before it started to split- the pins at the a arm to bulkhead started pulling the bulkhead apart. I'm with rag6; you bought them and put them on so use them. Nice for you to have a machinist buddy. Post us some pics if he makes you some stuff. Enjoy
    Summit, ERBE X2, 4pdes, 2pdes, etc lol

RC Enthusiast
    I will post indeed he is in process of making me a weight from steel in his metal forge for the front end to keep the tires down. Approx 1.5 lbs of steel supposed to be 2x1 or so he says.....

Can your machinist buddy be my machinist buddy?

RC Enthusiast
    Maybe have to see how first batch of stuff comes out first....

RC Enthusiast
    Can your machinist buddy be my machinist buddy?
    What are u looking to have made?

RC Champion
    If you have a local Hobbytown USA get the ANZA 0 caster blocks. They are far superior to most out there and utilize a captured kingpin. If no Hobbytown local, do a search online and web purchase them. I have them on my Pede vxl and they work great.
    Was an xl-5, now its vxl-ent!