Hybrid View

RC poster

Traxxas XO-1 Shocks

Hi all.
    I purchased a used Traxxas XO-1. Could someone tell me if the rear shocks are the same as the front shocks.
    Do the front shocks have a extra blue rubber bit inside of them to make them shorter.
    Also I could not find any exploded view of the shocks.
    The Manual also states the front shocks are at 83mm and the rear shocks 87mm, is this correct??
    Any help will be greatly appreciated.
    James,

RC Racer
    yep they're both the same front front to back. the rear shock should have the the silicone piece too. and when you say extra, you mean there's 2?

RC poster
    Thank you for your reply.
    If they are the same, Traxxas factory settings on the Shocks are 83mm and 87mm in the user manual.
    Not sure which way 83mm on the front or back??
    I did find in one of the front shocks that the shaft had a blue silicone piece on the inside of the case.
    This shortens the shock to 83mm if that makes sense.

RC Racer
    83 front sir. yea the silicone should be in both the front and back and they're there to stop the rebound. it shouldnt make the shock shorter though unless if it's on the inside of the shocks body.

btw are you still using the stock white springs?
    Last edited by FartOfDoom; 01-31-2013 at 05:36 AM.

RC poster
    Hi, yes i am using the stock white springs. All 4 shocks have the silicone stop for the rebound, but one of the front ones had a silicone piece on the inside of the shock body.
    If traxxas recommends the front shocks to be 83mm and the rear 87mm before they go on the car, they must be different or both front shocks should have the silicone stopper on the inside of the body to make them shorter.
    Sorry i am new to this and please excuse my ignorance.

RC poster
    All sorted out now, the front shocks have a extra bit in them to make them shorter.
    Thanks heaps FartOfDoom.
    James.