RC poster

New Traxxas Slash 2wd w/ some mods

Hi guys and gals, first time poster, I've been lurking for a few weeks since I got my Slash. Never thought much about RC'ing until a guy at work told me how much he was enjoying his new toy. I had a Tyco Bandit back in the day but not a serious RC truck. I got a good deal at Futureshop of all places, they were offering $30 off the price of the truck plus 20% off of that! I've become crazy obsessed with bashing and modding and hope to find some locals that enjoy it as much as I do. Here's a few pics of my Slash and the upgrades I've done so far. Next up will be a VXL system.

Traxxas aluminum shock caps
    Traxxas aluminum caster blocks
    Traxxas aluminum steering blocks
    Duratrax 2s 5000mah Lipo
    Duratrax Onyx 150 Lipo charger

Nice truck!
    Is it a vxl or xl5 (esc)
    You should get some tires next.
    Look at proline or jconcepts
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC poster
    Its an XL5. And yah I do want some tires! I'm mostly going to be running it on hard packed dirt. Any tread suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by HotShotMedic View Post
    Its an XL5. And yah I do want some tires! I'm mostly going to be running it on hard packed dirt. Any tread suggestions?
    Is it like a track at a LHS ?
    If so see what they reccomend

If its just a backyard track maybe proline gladiators or badlands
    Slash 2wd, Slash 4x4, 30th digger, Rustler VXL

RC poster
    there are no tracks around here afaik. Also, we have no local hobby shops. Just looking for a good all around tire for hard or semi packed dirt which is mostly what i'll be looking to run/bash on

Aluminum caster blocks and bearing carriers together might not be the best idea,both great parts,but imo you should have went rpm with your bearing carriers.When you have a good front end wreck,the casters,and bearing carriers take most of the punishment something has to give,rpm bearing carriers have a bit of give,aluminum doesn't.
    Either way nice truck,and welcome to our little world,have fun,and when it breaks don't get up set, upgrade and keep running.
    Have fun![IMG][/IMG]
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

RC poster
    Thanks for the advice, I'm not too worried, if something breaks I'll simply get new parts. That's the beauty of this hobby and this particular truck, there are SO many replacement and upgrade options! That will probably do it for aluminum upgrades, most other parts I will look into will be RPM such as A-arms and shock towers. I've been doing so much reading and learned so much over these last few weeks.

RC Qualifier
    Nice truck Hotshot! Welcome to the forums. I didn't have anyone around my area to bash with until one day a guy on this forum caught up with me. We live about 20 minutes apart. And since then have become good friends. Can't beat that. We are going bash tomorrow at the bmx jumps. Good luck with your new RC!

Sent from Oser world

I'd go with some Trenchers for offroad driving (not on a dirt track). The 2.8 is pretty tall so you'll have to trim a little from the wheel well to fit. Or, you can get the SC size for a perfect fit (2.2/3.0).

Here they are on my Pede. The Slash L and Rustler R have 1/8 buggy tires.

My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

double dooey...
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...