RC Competitor

What are the QR1 radios?

They are not DSM2 are they?

Are they following any industry standards at all?

DSM2 is a spread spectrum protocol utilized by a specific remote control radio manufacturer. I cannot share any more detail than that on a Traxxas sponsored forum. I can also tell you that DSM2 is not compatible with the 2.4 Ghz technology used to control the QR-1. At this time, the transmitter that comes with the QR-1 and/or the DR-1 are the only transmitters I am aware of that will link to the QR-1 and DR-1.

RC Competitor
    Non-industry standard controllers is disappointing.

RC Racer
    If you stand back a look at the industry you will see that there are no standard controllers or 2.4Ghz tech.
    Horizon hobby owns spektrum and e-flight so that's why it appears "standard"

Quote Originally Posted by BitStop View Post
    Non-industry standard controllers is disappointing.
    This is a Heli designed for beginners, the cost of a 6 channel DMS2 technology radio system alone is more than what the the Traxxas heli's with a digitally bound controller sell for. No different than any of the other Micro's on the market except with one heck of a replacement plan second to non....

Now, there is this thing called the "Anylink", not sure if it will work on the Traxxas Heli's or not, I'm sure someone is going to find out sooner or later. It is used to interface a DSM2 receiver of your choice to RC's like this.... But being the Traxxas models are so new I have not heard anyone attempting it....
    But it's a thought....
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Competitor
    The basic RTF radio 4 channel DMS2 radios cost the same amount as the replacement radio for the QR-1 from Traxxas.

The basic RTF radio 4 channel DMS2 radios cost the same amount as the replacement radio for the QR-1 from Traxxas.
    I don't see how you can say this when Traxxas does not have the Radio listed on it's own....
    The Heli AND radio are selling around $90.00... I paid more than that for my Spektrum 3.0
    The Heli by it self with battery is $60.00

I don't mean to argue in any way, I just want to see on what you are basing this on.
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Qualifier
    Just wondering, doesn't manual or parts list say a replacement radio is $45??
    Just can't get enough....

RC Competitor
    Fair question... The basis of my comparison is:

The 4 channel transmitter for the QR-1 is listed here for $45 - https://traxxas.com/sites/default/files/6208_parts.pdf

The 4 channel transmitter for the Blade MQX (that is DSM2) is $42 - http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...odID=EFLH1064B

I agree the DX6i and such are quite a bit more but that is also a different type of radio. I am was comparing the cheep 4 channel RTF radios that come with Blade that are also DSM2 vs the cheep 4 channel RTF radios that come with the QR-1 that are totally proprietary.

From what my son is seeing working at the LHS those new Blade radios you linked to are really bad. You are much better off with the stock QR-1 radio. My son says the sticks feel really notchy and they are getting a lot of returns on them.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

Fair question... The basis of my comparison is:

The 4 channel transmitter for the QR-1 is listed here for $45 - https://traxxas.com/sites/default/files/6208_parts.pdf

The 4 channel transmitter for the Blade MQX (that is DSM2) is $42 - http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...odID=EFLH1064B

I agree the DX6i and such are quite a bit more but that is also a different type of radio. I am was comparing the cheep 4 channel RTF radios that come with Blade that are also DSM2 vs the cheep 4 channel RTF radios that come with the QR-1 that are totally proprietary.
    If it had been a snake it would have bitten me... Just because they use DSM2 technology, doesn't mean it's a quality radio....
    Thanks for sharing the info....

If the QR-1 works with SLT protocol than the "Anylink" device would work with Futaba's, Spektrum systems as well as others...

I bet it's not long before this get's figured out...
    Founder of H.U.A.
    Hop Ups Anonymous

RC Competitor
    I have both radios and the QR-1 radio and the stock cheep blade radios are both the same.
    I see no major difference if feel between the two.

That said I don't think anyone would really use the word quality to describe the QR-1 stock radio or the Blade stock radio.

They both do the function they require and they both work well. The reason I posted this was asking if anyone knows if the QR-1 radios are based on any standard radio technology. Nothing wrong that wrong with the stock radio. I was thinking about buying a new radio and wanted to know if I could get ONE TO RULE THEM ALL!