RC Qualifier

Simple question?

I'm thinking of ordering a 1/16 summit in just a few days and was curious if you guys that own one already could rewind would you make the purchase again?

RC Racer
    I would. Ive had mine for a few months and i really like it! Its a strong truck and is an all around good truck. I woukd buy it again, and i would recomend it!!

RC Qualifier
    I'm asking cause I really like the truck (vxl)...I don't mind doing repairs if needed but I don't want something I will be fixing every time I run it. I've read a lot of threads on here of drive shaft issues and esc's etc.. so was just curious I will probably stick to single stock battery the majority of the time I'm running it.

RC Qualifier
    Yea that sound good, You just gotta shim the diffs and Change to Mini E revo shafts and you should be Good for alittle While!!!

RC Qualifier
    So rc nightmare you would buy it again then knowing what you know now?

RC Champion
    Mine is about to be shipoed back to Traxxas for what I think is a 2nd faulty esc.
    I've also broken one axle and both center shafts.
    That being said... I would still buy it again.
    --
    "Dude,I almost had you"
    R.I.P Paul Walker

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for your input dcfox

RC Qualifier
    Yes, I would buy it again i have the mini digger but now velineon same thing tho but i would buy it again it was good for the price and just so much fun and since its small it is able to go more places... i love my MINI DIGGER! Its fast.. it waterproof... also their are tons and tons of mods you can do to it!!! i was also the same way.. i thought omg omg i am going to shatter my diff and my Brushed motor not going to last at least a week i am going to break my servo in 3 days (which i did) but i repaired it and losen my servo saver alot and never broke it again even running in a break wall at 30 mph ( but i did break my bulkhead) so i have nothing bad to really say about the truck eveything hold up pretty good even the motor but it dided after months but i wasn't taking proper care of it.. Because i put it in my caldera which is like 10 pounds then it started smoking multiple time after i new it was bad so it didn't handle that sooo well, but besides tht its a great truck i know you will enjoy it...

RC Qualifier
    Thanks RC-nightmare I think I will go ahead and order it this friday, with that... I cant wait should be a blast and if I have to repair things then so be it ....just an excuse to hop it up right lol

RC Qualifier
    LOL You are 100% correct

RC Qualifier
    Ordered my Summit Jr today with a extra battery, traxxas 1-2 amp charger for them, shims for the diff, diff oil, traxxas series and parallel connectors., now patiently waiting for it to arrive....well maybe not patiently lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Once you shim the diffs after a few rides I would see if it will take another shim. Usually wears in a bit

RC Qualifier
    I bought a Summit in November. Now it's a strong merv.
    I am VERY happy with it now. Real crawling is for crawlers not Summits - I gave up low speed in favor of fun -
    I will build a proper crawler next. If you're only gonna have one vehicle (for ever) and you want low speed articulation, the Summit is perfect.

RC Qualifier
    good to know, cause I ordered the summit jr today with shims and oil extra pack charger and parallel and series connectors lol now I am playing the waiting game ... trying to be patient and its not working

RC Qualifier
    You will have fun for sure