RC Enthusiast

Widening the rear end of 2wd Slash

Hey everybody, sorry to make a new thread for this but I haven't been able to find a direct answer to my question despite a LOT of looking.

What I'd like to know is which rear arm for the 2wd slash is longer. The rpm rustler rear arm,which I know is 102.5mm(or 4.04") in overall length, or the rear slash 4wd protrac arm(I haven't been able to find it's dimensions). On a side note, does anyone know if I run either of these two if they'll overextend the driveshafts? because I know with the rustler arms I'll need new toe links.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks

RC Racer
    Not sure but I think the protrac is longer that is the whole reason for the protrac to widen the rig right

RC Enthusiast
    Thanks for the input Chris. After searching a bit more I found that the stock 2wd slash rear arms are 92mm, stock 4x4 slash arms are 100mm. Also, that the protrac kits for each are designed to be 10mm wider than the originals.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazer371 View Post
    Thanks for the input Chris. After searching a bit more I found that the stock 2wd slash rear arms are 92mm, stock 4x4 slash arms are 100mm. Also, that the protrac kits for each are designed to be 10mm wider than the originals.
    The ProTrac kit is fro the 2WD slash. So, the ProTrac should be 102mm.

RC Enthusiast
    There's a 4wd kit out there too now.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazer371 View Post
    There's a 4wd kit out there too now.
    Are the A-arms interchangable between the 2WD and the 4WD Slash?

RC Enthusiast
    I honestly don't know. I'll find out with the rears when they come in the mail and I'll post an update on this thread and let you know. I'd imagine they would be because people used to take regular old 4WD slash arms for the extra width, and with an extra 20mm I'm sure longer toe links are necessary as well...

I'm going with a jato front end so I wanted a wider rear end along with whats going to be upfront, you know, balance it out a little . But hey, I'll let you know when I get them.

RC Qualifier
    The Rustler rear arms are the same length as 2wd Protrac arms. The major difference is the Rustler arms have 0 defree toe built in while the Protrac arms have 2 degree built in.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by scootroc View Post
    The Rustler rear arms are the same length as 2wd Protrac arms. The major difference is the Rustler arms have 0 defree toe built in while the Protrac arms have 2 degree built in.
    And, if I remember correctly, the Traxxas has 3 degrees built in.

RC Racer
    You could get the flm 1/8 scale arms they are a tad bit over 4 inches pin to pin but they don't come in plastic rem has them also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Sorry I don't know why they're so big
    and also about the crummy quality, ipod camera...

Stock rear arm(92mm) vs. proline protrac 4x4 rear arm (a little over 110mm)

From the top you can really see that extra 20mm

From the back its pretty clear too

From the top with body

and from the front...

Ill be putting it on the other side soon enough(had it off for comparison), I used the proline protrac 4x4 rear arm and rustler camber links. It doesn't over extend the drive shafts, there's still about almost 2cm left of the two driveshafts overlapping at full extension. On a side note I have front and rear strc shock towers. I like the adjustability they give over stock.

I think they finish up the look of the truck. The jato arms up front with the stock width in the rear just didn't look right to me. Imo, once I get the other side on it'll be perfect.

RC Competitor
    Funny the timing of this thread, I was just having this discussion with the guys at my LHS about widening the rear end of the Slash a bit...

SO the stock 2wd arms are 92mm, the Stock Slash 4x4 arms are 100mm and the Protrac's are about 102mm?

Sorry for my ignorance, I'm new to this so bear with me:

So can you run the Slash 4x4 arms with all the other stock parts? Do you need any other components? You just have to adjust the linkages (or do they need to replaced?).

I'm looking to get a little more width to my Slash's rear end but 20mm total might be too much; I'll have to measure.

Thanks for the info and keep up the great work!

RC Enthusiast
    Don't worry, I'm new to this as well...

and its not 20mm total it's 40, don't forget about the other side

I'll cover all the bases here.

stock rear slash 2wd arms are 92mm - as Honda said earlier these have 3 degrees toe in
    rear slash 2WD protrac arms are 102mm - I think these keep the stock toe in
    Rustler rear arms are a hair over 100mm - these don't have the toe in
    stock slash 4WD rear arms are 100mm - I don't think these have any toe in
    rear slash 4WD protrac arms are about 110.5mm - I don't think these have toe in either

(The reason for the toe in being that when you mash the throttle the truck will go straight because it's 2WD)

Anything over the stock 92mm arms you'll need to use different camber links because the stock links are 39mm. I know both the 2WD and 4WD protrac kits use 50mm links, and the rustler links are 49mm.

Hope I answered you're question.

RC Competitor
    Great info and thanks for the detailed reply!!!

Okay, so to keep the stock-ish toe-in the Protrac arms are the only option, correct?

So if I were to change the Protrac Slash 2wd arms would keep the stock toe in and push me out 10 mm per side or 20 mm total (92 to 102 = 10 x 2 = 20mm total).

So do I get the Proline camber links or just get some Traxxas Rustler/Slash 4x4 links?

Again, I need to measure to see if these is going to fit with my current project before I leap. For normal, stock 'open wheel' bodies they're be no issue but in my case on my street oriented FastSlash project I probably don't have 20mm of space but we'll see.

Thanks!

RC Competitor
    Nice threat, guys! Just the info I was also looking for! I was thinking about using Slash 4x4 arms all around on my Slash 2WD or the Protrac Arms.

RC Enthusiast
    If you're using the protrac arms, I'd personally use the protrac links just to keep uniformity and keep out extra variables out of the equation. But, I mean, a 1mm difference isn't remotely noticable.

With the 4WD protrac arms on my 2WD slash when I pin the throttle there's horrible tourque steer. I think its the fact that the 4WD arms don't have toe in and I'm just getting used to my new velineon system lol.

the protrac arms with pede rims and street fighters look and perform great!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.