In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!

GoPro Onboard Edit - Bashing (video)

Here's my latest little 'test' video. It's not a full blown edit that I try to put a lot of time in, this is just a bunch of tests combined. The footage was shot in two separate bash sessions and was filmed by a GoPro HD Hero 960. Trying out the new location for mounting the camera. I also tried a new windshield/windscreen idea to give some extra visual of what's going on in front of the truck. I also recently got a new video editor, so I incorporated some new techniques...so bear with the 'small flaws'. LOL Enjoy!

RC Racer
    im still working on a way to mount a go pro and have it see more, and still be protected. i was thinking of mounting it in the front and using a small bumper, and have the body cut so it has a full visual. the windshield thing doesnt really work, if you flip, the camera still gets hit pretty hard from the top. so you will need a roll cage to stop that from happening.

RC Racer
    Nice video. I like that you can still hear the sound of the truck behind the music.

Boy that suspension gets a work out haha. Good job!
    T-Maxx 3.3/E-Maxx/30th Digger/1:10 Summit/Rustler

RC Qualifier
    As usual Carbonrevo33 great video!!!! Cool to see how the suspension was work'n....
    rc10T3, TT Sparrowhawk XXB, Slash 4x4, 1/16 Rally

I've changed the windshield since this video. But in the video, I had a 2-2.5" piece of plated steel bent at a 90deg angle and placed them in both of the A-pillars for strength since the windshield was removed. I then added black aluminum mesh for looks (extra strength as well). The mesh didn't work so well since it's tough to see out the windshield clearly.

So, I removed the mesh and put some more steel on the top of the windshield and a plate crossing from top-bottom of the windshield through the center. It doesn't look as good IMO, but there's somewhat of a better view since it's completely clear. *I used steel just because I had it, and weight wasn't really an issue. Plus now the roof is plenty strong. LOL I mounted the camera by using a piece of flat plastic and a GoPro Flat mount (no adhesive). The mount was shoe-goo'd to the plastic and those two pieces were shoe-goo'd to the front of the battery bar. Since there was a little bit of play on the battery bar, I put a washer between the pin and the bar where it mounts down. Thanks guys, Yeah, the suspension was doing it's job. haha

RC poster
    Very nice vid. Those GoPros are such fun.

The main site still has HD cases ($30) and lens kits ($15) for the earlier post about protecting the camera.

What edit s/ware are you using? I sure would like to find a plug-in to remove/lessen excessive vibration.
    My other ride is a Nervo 1900 78"

RC Qualifier
    What software are u using? And nice choice on the music!!

Sent from my iPhone4
    Whatever I just said.. I'm probably wrong..

I've been using Windows Movie Maker for my past edits, but I recently had a friend recommend CyberLink PowerDirector. So I purchased the most recent version 11 for $85. It's been working great compared to WMM. Thanks again guys!

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbonrevo33 View Post
    I've been using Windows Movie Maker for my past edits, but I recently had a friend recommend CyberLink PowerDirector. So I purchased the most recent version 11 for $85. It's been working great compared to WMM. Thanks again guys!
    Yea, you can do widescreen with that right?

EDIT: I mean remove the letterboxing
    Last edited by Fr8cture; 01-29-2013 at 09:42 PM.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Qualifier
    great vid man
    EFFORT EQUALS RESULTS

Quote Originally Posted by Fr8cture View Post
    Yea, you can do widescreen with that right?

EDIT: I mean remove the letterboxing
    Yes, I can. I'll try and switch that on my next vid.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbonrevo33 View Post
    Yes, I can. I'll try and switch that on my next vid.
    besides that it is an awesome video.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

Cool, thanks for the tip. I just got my HERO3 Black Edition in today, so the overall quality will be MUCH better as well.

RC Qualifier
    GOLD DUUUST! Awesome Video I subbed to you on YouTube and I love this song/ video! This is the very first song I ever listened to that got me hooked on dubstep. If you need more good dubstep tracks, my friend produces Dubstep and he is trying to get heard on youtube. He has really good music. PM me if you are interested, he will give you songs for free as long as you link him in your videos!

RC Qualifier
    Awesome!! Very good job!!

RC Champion
    Very cool vid to watch...
    Thrash It, Bash it, Break it, No Regrets!!!