RC poster

Traxxas Link With IPad?

Has any one ever tried to run an IPad off their TQI radio?

Obviously it wont fit in the dock but has any one tried to use an extension cable to plug their IPad into the radio?

Reason behind this:

Just purchased a DTS-1 system and thought it would be easier to use the app on a IPad so other people can see it. I don't own an IPad nor would I go out and buy one for JUST for this purpose. Essentially the idea is to have many people be able to view their information such as speed, time, R/T, etc... instead of some one constantly looking over your shoulder at your radio.

Thoughts? Input?

RC Champion
    That would be cool. But do they even sell iPad extension cables? I would love to see my gauge cluster on a larger screen.
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC poster
    Yes.

This Extension Data Cable supports data syncing and power charging of your iPod, iPhone or iPad when you need to do it in an extended range. You would find it helpful when you need to charge or sync your iPod or iPhone with a dock or other peripherals which cannot accommodate your device properly (say charging your iPhone 4 through an iPhone 3G dock), or your device is in a case and you don't want to remove it everytime for syncing or charging.

However, I'm not 100 percent efficient with Apple devices to know if this cable would in fact work.

I figured since I spent the money on the DTS-1 system I would be the one setting up any races with it and using the system and the application. So for the most part I will be stationary and won't be mobile. Thus the larger device won't be of a concern to me.

RC Qualifier
    Here look at what this guy did http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY5LVvwWMGw it may help

RC poster
    I use an extension cable for my IPAD to my BOSE Soundock. It works perfectly with the REVO and Controller. The first thing after linking up was to update firmware, after that fully functional.