RC Competitor

Rear diff is wet

So earlier to night I was cleaning up my E-revo and noticed the rear passenger side is wet. It hasnt been around water either. So I was wonder is there a seal kit I get for it? I'm looking at the diagrams that I got with the car and i find it a little hard to see what it is. Would this be what I would need to fix the problem http://buy.traxxas.com/product_info....oducts_id=9515 also which weight of gear oil should I go with after fixing this?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    the wet spot your seeing could be the grease from the pinion/ring gear, if you open the diff case there should be a good amount of grease in there. within few run or so the grease tend to melt and creep out the diff case and out to the output shaft.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Competitor
    Okay. Never knew that. Im a lvl 1 mechanic, so when I seen something wet that shouldnt be wet, it clicks that a seal is leaking.

RC Competitor
    I just finished taking apart my rear suspension and whatnot to get access to the rear diff. There was nothing inside the rear diff. When I took the shaft off it was full of grease. While the other side of the shaft was dry. Does this sound like a ruptured seal?

RC Qualifier
    when you say nothing inside the diff do you mean there was nothing inside the cup or in the housing

RC Competitor
    There was no grease inside the housing.

RC Champion
    Sounds more like to me someone didnt grease the ring and pinion.
    You have to diff cases, innner and outer.

The inner should be sealed and not leak and filled with differential lube of your choice.
    The outer has a ring and pinion gear and is not sealed and should have a light coating of grease. I generally just slop a finger full in the bottom of the outer diff housing before I set the sealed diff in it. Over time that will heat up and the grease will separate to an extent and the oily part will seep out. When you say the sahft are you speaking about the stock telescoping drives? Some grease them, others do not. Personally when I did run the stockers I didnt as it just attracts dirt and ends up making it worse. Maybe post some pics so we can better understand?

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5342896

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post4899891

make sure you get all the bubbles out...of the carrier.. prob need a new seal gasket for the carrier......
    Would you go flip my truck back over??