RC poster

Is the Traxxas Stampede a good rc nitro truck good for beginners?

I want to get ther Traxxas Stampede, but i also want the Traxxas T-maxx 3.3! And the T-maxx is alot more than the stampede, and i heard that the Stampede is a good beginner car soo i wanted to ask
    "Is the Traxxas Stampede a good rc nitro truck good for beginners?"

RC Qualifier
    The stampede is a great learning car. The engine is easy to tune and parts are cheap when they break.
    One shot.....One kill, no exceptions

RC Champion
    If the nitro version if the pede is anything like the electric one it is an excellent rc to learn on. I would think that the electric version would be even easier than the nitro since you can run the truck at half power for training.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kid at heart......and always playin around

The stampede is a great truck when you learn and tame the pro.15 get a 2.5r direct drop in. That will be plenty. Some upgraded parts here and there and it will handle and perform good. I had some rpm a arms electric, electric front end, rpm rear shock tower to me its very much needed, also a front rpm shock tower and better skids as well like alum strc. After that its a great truck and won't be breaking much. I've ran right into curbs at 30 mph with those mods listed well not all but it just bounced back and kept going on its little merry way.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The Pede .15 was my third truck, and after 5 years it's still one of my favorites... Easy to tune, fast and very easy to drive...
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Enthusiast
    The nitro stampede was my first hobby grade rc. It was also my first nitro truck.

Like the other posters have stated the pro .15 engine is very forgiving with tuning. That said, I would recommend starting out with a Nitro Sport or a Tmaxx 2.5 instead.

You'll notice in the nitro stampede gallery thread that a lot of the trucks are running a side exhaust. There's a reason for that. The stock muffler on the Stampede has a tendency to melt even when the engine is tuned correctly. I had this happen a number of times before I finally replaced it with a tuned pipe. I haven't had any issues with the truck since then and it's been quite reliable but it was very frustrating initially.

Had I known I was going to need to spend another $50 I would have just saved a little more and bought the Tmaxx 2.5. The 2.5 version isn't that much more and you can always upgrade it to a 3.3 later. Since you said you ultimately want to buy a Tmaxx that might be your best bet.

I enjoyed my nitro pede being it was 2wd it was a monster not having to go through diffs and distribute power to front and rear. Its not big but can be widen just a little with an electric front end and electric a arms around with off set wheels. the side exhaust is a huge plus and adds power to the truck with either a pro.15 or 2.5R. like every truck upgrades will come around soon after running any truck. The nitro pede over the tmaxx 2.5 is the size and being 4wd sometimes size can be hard if you have a small area to run a tmaxx so think about that as well.
    DEU 8:18 ESV