Thread: throttle issues

RC Enthusiast

throttle issues

ive got a little problem with the throttle (i think) on my revo
    when ive got the 50/50-70/30 switch at 70/30 every things ok, but when ive got it at 50/50 and the throttle trigger at neutral, the carb is wide open, and when i put the brakes on the carb goes to the neutral
    position.
    i know its probably something really simple like the carb needs adjusting but I'm to new to the hobby to see it.
    this little problem probably caused my engine some damage because when i started it the first time to start the break in, it went full throttle on me.

RC Champion
    Sounds like you need to adjust the servo horn on the servo. heres what you do.
    Take the horn off the servo. The turn on the radio and set the throttle postion to neutral.
    Then put the horn back on with the carb in neutral postion and you should be good to go.
    Also put the transmitter at 50/50. its better that way on nitros.
    "I like rc cars"....."WHAT? YOU'RE KIDDING!"

RC Enthusiast
    ahh crap, i forgot to mention, when its at 50/50 and i pull the throttle, nothing at all happens, servo doesn't even try to do anything.
    sorry, thats probably a pretty important detail i left out lol.

Take the servo horn off the servo turn the radio on and check to see if the servo is working correctly.
    I wanted to put a really cool signature but I ran

RC Enthusiast
    You have to reverse servo in your settings

RC Competitor
    Basically, you need to take the control horn off the servo, center the servo (with tx and rx on) and then re-install the control horn. This is just basic radio set up.

I highly recommend you do a bit of reading on basic radio setup. This is essential knowledge to have if you intend to have RC as a hobby.