RC poster

Question QR1 Video Cameras

Can anyone please post a link or links to cameras that work with the QR1? Would greatly be appreciated.

E

RC Qualifier
    Not a lot of options due to the size of the QR-1. Are you wanting an FPV setup, or just a camera for recording?

By far the most popular option would be the 806 #16 keychain camera for the Mini quads, but I'm not sure how well that would even work with the QR-1.

I'm trying to piece together a **** FPV setup. There are cameras @ 1gram that will work, but then you start adding the weight of the tx, antenna and extra battery and the weight really can start to take a toll on either how the quad flies, or impacts the battery life.

As popular as these mini quads are, I would suspect that more companies are trying to come up with better off the shelf solutions. It'll just be a manner of time. :-)

RC poster
    just looking to record for now. Can't see how this thing could be FPV although I'm sure where there's a will someone will find a way!

E

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I just got a keychain camera, will let you know if the QR-1 can lift it...
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Qualifier
    Please do. I would buy one in a second if it still performs pretty close to stock.

I've also seen rumors of other mini quads that may be coming out with factory cameras and FPV built in. So I think the had to edit out the word as the language filter was triggered stuff is coming sooner than later for everyone.
    Last edited by Nitronaught; 01-29-2013 at 03:46 PM. Reason: language filter triggered

RC Champion

this would be the item. it is 50mm long, 30mm wide, 10mm thick. i got mine for a total of 6 bucks on ebay. only problem is there mostly all in china. or hong kong. wish i remembered who i got mine from cause i got it in a week and a half.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC poster
    ajcar, I tried lifting that as-is and it was too heavy. You have to take it apart, mount just the PCB and a smaller battery (not sure what size).

RC Qualifier
    Could you use the primary battery from the qr1 to power the camera? We would probably have to have a filter between the battery and the camera to keep the electrical noise from the motors from interfering with the camera.

The battery would not last as long as stock because obviously we would be pulling more juice out of it with the camera, but it would save on the weight of an extra battery.