RC Racer

Best Tekin Motor/ESC combination for racing

What is the best Tekin motor/esc combination for racing?

RC Racer
    http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAATF&P=7

and

im a castle guy so i run a mamba max pro esc. if you want a tekin esc someone else is gunna have to chime in because ive never paid attention to those. haha

RC Champion
    That looks like a decent choice or this one

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...s&pn=TEKTT2244

or better yet this guy paired with an RX8

http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...s&pn=TEKTT2501
    Last edited by JustinThyme; 01-28-2013 at 04:12 PM.

RC Racer
    Ok... the RX8 seemes to be a top ESC. The question is what pro4 motor? 4000kv or 4600kv?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Beholder_74 View Post
    Ok... the RX8 seemes to be a top ESC. The question is what pro4 motor? 4000kv or 4600kv?
    Describe the track condition where you race?; or better yet post some pictures.

What kind of batteries do you use? mah? C rating?
    Superman don't need no seatbelt-Ali
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Racer
    I run my car on road and on a small carpet off-road track with a acceleration lane of about 20 meters and a lot of low speed passages (I hate the stuttering of the stock motor). Thats why I think about a sensored motor.

Ive got three 2c 4200mAH lipos 25c and want to buy some lipos with about 40c and 5000mAH. I dont need much more punch than the stock motor. Is the Pro4 4000kv the right choice and can I compare the Kv rates of different motors?
    Am I right when I say, that the Tekin Pro4 4000kv is a little bit faster and smoother in low speed passages as the Castle 1410 3800kv?
    Last edited by Beholder_74; 01-28-2013 at 10:09 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Beholder_74 View Post
    I run my car on road and on a small carpet off-road track with a acceleration lane of about 20 meters. Ive got three 2c 4200mAH lipos 25c and want to buy some lipos with about 40c. I dont need much more punch than the stock motor. Is the Pro4 4000kv the right choice and can I compare the Kv rates of different motors?
    If it's a small, technical track then I would use the 4000kv. I get plenty of punch geared at 15/52 with 20% of esc timing. I use the 4600kv at larger 1/8 scale tracks. Either motor will be a huge upgrade over the stock setup. You will need to invest some 2s Lipos with a higher mah and C rating.
    Superman don't need no seatbelt-Ali
    2x SSC SL4x4

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveItLikeYaStoleIT View Post
    If it's a small, technical track then I would use the 4000kv. I get plenty of punch geared at 15/52 with 20% of esc timing. I use the 4600kv at larger 1/8 scale tracks. Either motor will be a huge upgrade over the stock setup. You will need to invest some 2s Lipos with a higher mah and C rating.
    Thanx for confirming my thoughts pal.