RC Racer

Need some advice here on a deal gone bad

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ed-basicly-new

In this above thread the seller offers a BARELY used (20 minutes at most) ERBE. We agree on 700 shipped which is a bit high imo but didn't realize it at the time but that doesn't matter. He ships up front due to no feedback and when I actually go over the revo I notice the rims are beat up, 3 of the tires are torn at the rim to where you can see the foam, the wing it ground down from wheelies, connectors on the esc show alot of wear, the NiMh batteries were never shipped with it as agreed and overall you can see its been well used. Also the battery holders have been melted where the wires come out with a soldering gun or something.

He is angry with me because im not happy with the price now and am probably shipping it back to him. I offered to reimburse him for the shipping costs as well. Am I being unreasonable here?.

He offered to take off 30 bucks for the batteries not being sent. I told him the replacement rims and tires are 60 shipped. He offered 30 more off (I quoted for new since with 20 minutes use or less they should have still been pretty much mint)......I just want some opinions here.

Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-01-2013 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Language

RC Qualifier
    I've learned my lesson on buying used on a few RCs. Don't do it, buy new. Usually best thing to do because you never know what you might get buying used things. I've learned from experience.
    SUMMIT |MERV * FIVE-T * REVO-E| T- MAXX-E

If you haven't paid yet, just sent it back. Perhaps come to an agreement as far as shipping costs because that truck is obviously beat. You can see most of the issues you mention in the seller's pics. If that only has 20 minutes on it, they were some very brutal minutes!

IMO, the seller didn't do a very good job at describing the condition of the truck. And the buyer didn't do a good job at looking at the pics.

Good luck!

RC Racer
    I didnt look the pics over with a fine tooth comb ill admit. I should have. I just think the price in its current condition is quite steep.

Quote Originally Posted by TraxxasSummitCrawler View Post
    I've learned my lesson on buying used on a few RCs. Don't do it, buy new. Usually best thing to do because you never know what you might get buying used things. I've learned from experience.

I buy and sell used r/c stuff all the time and have rarely ever had a problem. Well over 100 deals on rctech, probably almost that many on this forum, a bunch on rc10talk, and well over 100 purchases on ebay. Maybe had 2 items that didn't live up to the ads. Buying/selling used is great if you take the time to ask questions, look at pics, give an accurate description, check prior feedback etc. I've saved thousands of dollars over the years thanks to buy/sell/trade forums.

RC poster
    In the for sale add you can clearly see allot of defects. I noticed the wing and bumpers as well as the battery compartments
    are all damaged. Maybe you didnt check out the pictures closely enough before you bought it ?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
    In the for sale add you can clearly see allot of defects. I noticed the wing and bumpers as well as the battery compartments
    are all damaged. Maybe you didnt check out the pictures closely enough before you bought it ?

No I didnt look them over closely enough....I tend to rely more on the description sellers give and look at the pictures quick. Stupid, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmartin2010 View Post
    No I didnt look them over closely enough....I tend to rely more on the description sellers give and look at the pictures quick. Stupid, I know.

Did you pay yet? If not, just send it back. $700 is way too much for that. Are you aware that you can buy a brand new one for $50 more?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-E-Re...item2ec5dcb186

RC poster

I live by one motto when it comes to buying stuff.. Pictures are worth a thousand words !!
    Nothing personal and absolutely no disrespect but i would say you have no one to point fingers at other then yourself. There was numerous pictures that you could clearly see damage on the truck. So as much as it sucks i would let it go
    and make it a learning experience. Again no disrespect !

RC Racer
    I live by one motto when it comes to buying stuff.. Pictures are worth a thousand words !!
    Nothing personal and absolutely no disrespect but i would say you have no one to point fingers at other then yourself. There was numerous pictures that you could clearly see damage on the truck. So as much as it sucks i would let it go
    and make it a learning experience. Again no disrespect !
    The battery door damage doesnt exactly stick out nor is it something one would be looking for. The tires and rims couldnt be seen because there were no pics from the side.

I could see all the damage right away more so i put my self in your shoes with $700 on an rc i would have went through every single picture like 50 times each picture then asked for pictures of under it wheels off and wheel pics of them selves hey if he wanted to sell it for 700 he would have took extra pics if you asked for them. Always do your home work for any amount i say ask tons of questions after all your the buying and they are the sellers if they are good sellers they wont mind answering the questions then you atleast know what your getting better than just reading an ad for sale.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    i could see all the damage right away more so i put my self in your shoes with $700 on an rc i would have went through every single picture like 50 times each picture then asked for pictures of under it wheels off and wheel pics of them selves hey if he wanted to sell it for 700 he would have took extra pics if you asked for them. Always do your home work for any amount i say ask tons of questions after all your the buying and they are the sellers if they are good sellers they wont mind answering the questions then you atleast know what your getting better than just reading an ad for sale.

x2 !!!!!!!

The battery door damage doesnt exactly stick out nor is it something one would be looking for. The tires and rims couldnt be seen because there were no pics from the side.
    The tire issue isn't noticeable, but the battery doors stick out like a sore thumb in the seller's third pic. You really have to take your time and inspect all the pics closely before committing to buy, especially when it's that kind of money.

x2 !!!!!!!
    money is rare here right now paying our car then buying a house so a $700 rc is something i would look over alot.
    Heck i even did this when i bought my emaxx roller used for $230 shipped shot i went through everything like i was spending 5000 LOL

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by harry697 View Post
    The tire issue isn't noticeable, but the battery doors stick out like a sore thumb in the seller's third pic. You really have to take your time and inspect all the pics closely before committing to buy, especially when it's that kind of money.
    I know. Im just used to people being honest with their descriptions and such. I havent done business on here for a while but when I did everything went perfect. I was foolish I guess.

I offered him 500 as it sits and told him id send back the aluminum rockers and carbon fiber brace if he wanted them. If he doesnt want to do that then ill return it. I was just curious what other peoples thoughts were.

RC poster
    Rule of thumb. Dont trust anybody when it comes to buying and selling. I dont care if iam spending 25 bucks i inspect it like iam spending 25k.

RC Racer
    Rule of thumb. Dont trust anybody when it comes to buying and selling. I dont care if iam spending 25 bucks i inspect it like iam spending 25k.
    Im learning this. Im not new to dealings online but ive always thought highly of the members here so I was too trusting. Lesson learned though.

RC Qualifier
    I seen that post for the revo I thought that was light reflecting off the wing you can kinda see the scrapes on the bumper but again light glaring on it if you know what the battery compartments are suppose to look like I guessyou could see the mod in the pic can't see the torn up tires or the melt wire thing and for seller to claim like new barely used that's not right at all...people should be honest they know what's wrong with it it is their rc so no a buyer through some pics can't always see since the seller chooses the way the picture looks ...but anyway sorry you got a bad deal if you already paid then unless he wants to do a refund to make it right I say lesson learned.

Dmartin2010- if you dont like the condition just return it and get your money back. How did you pay? i hope you used paypal? it shouldnt be a problem if you return it because it wasnt described is all you have to say, before the 45days are up with paypal might want to open a case with them so he cant remove the cash from his account just a thought to help you out if you decide to send it back before sending it open that case up ok or you might be out of 700 and the rc.

RC Qualifier
    Well I saw it and it looked our of alignment and that kinda worried me, but it is possible to do that in 20 minutes, it takes skill but its possible I guess lol

20 minutes, no way. Send it back & buy a new one for a little more, as that one is beat!
    Look out for the tree/crunch!

LiPo? Naw NITRO!!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildman4910 View Post
    20 minutes, no way. Send it back & buy a new one for a little more, as that one is beat!

Haven't paid the seller. I required him to ship first due to no feedback. Good to know though that I wasn't being unreasonable with my claims of it obviously being WELL USED.

return that e revo and pick up a brand new one atleast look around you can find them for the same price sometimes and you know your the one going to break it and scratch it up the way you want to.

RC Enthusiast
    Haven't paid the seller. I required him to ship first due to no feedback. Good to know though that I wasn't being unreasonable with my claims of it obviously being WELL USED.
    Dmartin forgot to say he has had it for 10 day things came up so he couldn't pay I agreed to wait for him to get some cash and pay he is now backing out of a deal iv passed up other offers I had all pics and was willing to send more pics he never asked it has about 20 mins I did say the tires have way more as I have 2 erevos and swap them out same with the wing
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 02-01-2013 at 07:33 AM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by cole2297 View Post
    Dmartin forgot to say he has had it for 10 day things came up so he couldn't pay I agreed to wait for him to get some cash and pay he is now backing out of a deal iv passed up other offers I had all pics and was willing to send more pics he never asked it has about 20 mins I did say the tires have way more as I have 2 erevos and swap them out same with the wing
    So why would you advertise that something has 20 minutes of run time or less and then swap out the wing, front and rear bumpers, skid plates and tires and expect it to still be worth your asking price?. I already said I went mainly on your description. It wont happen again.

Work this out privately, gentlemen.
    Thread closed.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =