Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    jonesdallas
    Guest

    Dakar Slash Body on Summit?

    Dakar Slash Body on Summit? Anyone heard of this or seen it, maybe even tried it? Think it would make a nice body for my summit and can grab one for $65 ---> http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRAXXAS-ROBB...item5d3971fe98

    Would love to hear from someone who has, pics would be nice too

  2. #2
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia
    Posts
    965
    you could try find photos or videos of people that have normal slash bodies on summits?
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

  3. #3
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Searcy, Arkansas
    Posts
    50
    I run a slash body and it works great looks proportional too, if I could post a pic I would
    18v B&D summit
    You can NEVER go fast enough

  4. #4
    RC Competitor
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    67
    It should fit I think... I've found this pictures in google

    Summit, dewalt 12v, 18/68 gear, T-bone skids

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Newcastle, Australia
    Posts
    965
    i might do that because i do love the look of the neon orange body
    Slugs are just naturally aspirated snails

  6. #6
    jonesdallas
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelRobbo View Post
    you could try find photos or videos of people that have normal slash bodies on summits?
    I could be wrong but the new dakar body looks much higher in the rear compared to stock slash bodies. Thats why im checking if anyone has tried. N yes i searched for pics first, but could find none, or threads regarding it.

  7. #7
    jonesdallas
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bad rat 55 View Post
    I run a slash body and it works great looks proportional too, if I could post a pic I would
    I wanna know how to post pics too... i only see a way to post a url to a pic... but no jpeg upload button... can anyone help?

  8. #8
    jonesdallas
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by mdbsummit View Post
    It should fit I think... I've found this pictures in google

    Thanks for the pics,

  9. #9
    jonesdallas
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelRobbo View Post
    i might do that because i do love the look of the neon orange body

    Mee too, just wish they did the same style of neon green to match my stock body :-)

    Let us know if u try, n dont forget pics pls

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    KC
    Posts
    310
    The bottom one looks much lower then the top one. That looks pretty cool with the body lowered.
    PM me for help converting your Summit to brushless

  11. #11
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles / South Bay
    Posts
    445
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesdallas View Post
    Dakar Slash Body on Summit? Anyone heard of this or seen it, maybe even tried it? Think it would make a nice body for my summit and can grab one for $65 ---> http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRAXXAS-ROBB...item5d3971fe98

    Would love to hear from someone who has, pics would be nice too
    You would be the first Anything is possible but you'll need to clear the wheels at full compression, achieved by either raising the body really high or hack off the fenders a bit, the slash in the pics is missing a bit of the fender to clear the articulation, did a pretty good job, smooth clean cut.

  12. #12
    jonesdallas
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by satyrisci View Post
    The bottom one looks much lower then the top one. That looks pretty cool with the body lowered.
    Ya top looks like the rear post is too high, for me anyway.

    Bottom pic looks more level.

  13. #13
    jonesdallas
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by maxi single View Post
    You would be the first Anything is possible but you'll need to clear the wheels at full compression, achieved by either raising the body really high or hack off the fenders a bit, the slash in the pics is missing a bit of the fender to clear the articulation, did a pretty good job, smooth clean cut.
    Alright... Im going to order the body next month n try it, keep eyes open for the tread

  14. #14
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chehalis, Wa
    Posts
    436
    Quote Originally Posted by JoelRobbo View Post
    i might do that because i do love the look of the neon orange body
    I'm a fan of the chevy orange also.

    _______^_
    /______l__\____
    l_l O l_____l O l

  15. #15
    jonesdallas
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Keila72 View Post
    I'm a fan of the chevy orange also.

    wow, nice paint job! really like the carbonfiber hood.

  16. #16
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Chehalis, Wa
    Posts
    436
    I cant take credit on that paint job..... But i am In the process of one identical but with my twists.
    _______^_
    /______l__\____
    l_l O l_____l O l

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •