RC Competitor

3D-design software

hey everyone, i am looking around to see if anyone knows of any good 3D-designing software, i design alot of stuff and im looking for a program so if you have one can you let me know!! what im looking for is like someting like people use to design things like rims and well basicaly anything 3D, please let me know!
    N-4TEC PRO W/ O.S. .12-CVR, and a curb embedded in the front half, lol!!

AutoCAD and Autodesk Inventor are excellent; however, they can cost thousands of dollars for full-blown 3D versions.

A demo of Alibre Design might be sort-of what you're looking for. It does pretty nice renderings. You can see some on these pages.

Good luck!

Banned by Warnings
    Talk to your schools cad teacher, because usually they can get a copy of what your school uses for around $300, because the school has allready bought the expensive program...

It could be differeent at your school though... Also, cad drawings require A LOT of ram, and a lot of hd space

Nate

Originally posted by benzboy300D
    Talk to your schools cad teacher, because usually they can get a copy of what your school uses for around $300, because the school has allready bought the expensive program...

It could be differeent at your school though... Also, cad drawings require A LOT of ram, and a lot of hd space

Nate
    Student and Teacher licenses are not fully functional. (They do that so that companies cannot pay the lower price and still make money with their product.) You can buy a full license of Alibre for about $800, but it is a full license and with the online support and collaberation capabilities, it may be worth it to you. If you want a full license of Inventor it is somewhere around $5000. SolidWorks will run you around $6000. There are others out there, but they will all be in the thousands of dollars per seat.

I've seen really cheap ones that can do a fair job, but they are not easy to use. You need a plotter to really get a good print, and Kinko's likely can't read those files.
    It didn't have enough power... so, I rewired it!

Markky
    Hello, LoveMyHome offers the absolute best in real time 3D design software visualization. Don't settle for less. Implementing the 3d designer software is as easy as embedding a YouTube video.

LoveMyHome can customize it with your brand, look and feel. To deploy your products all we ask for is basic product information and reference images.

Cheers!

RC Champion
    hey batjerk. dont mean to be rude or anything. but howd you get a avatar with only 1748 post. thought we have to have 3000. sorry to get off subject. im just curious.
    Last edited by ajcar; 01-05-2013 at 06:19 AM.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Qualifier
    Google Sketch up. Free, you download it and your ready to go.
    Very ease to use. Also 3D!
    Never trust a fart.

Quote Originally Posted by ajcar View Post
    hey batjerk. dont mean to be rude or anything. but howd you get a avatar with only 1748 post. thought we have to have 3000. sorry to get off subject. im just curious.
    He’s been a member since 2004, when everyone could have an avatar.

I like to use EMachine Shop for 3D rendering. It’s also free.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

In a box on Hwy. 64 bashin' with Bradley Youngskins!
    I have AutoCAD on my personal computer, since I've been a student (HS, college), you get one license for free. It's very nice to have this at my disposal to design stuff for free.

RC Competitor
    I use autocad & sketch up for work. When I was in college I used rhino as well. But if you want something free and simple to begin with try sketch up you can download the pro edition as a trial then after the trial is up it will just convert to normal non pro edition.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

RC Qualifier
    I use Creo. It used to be called Pro Engineering. They do have a student version but its so far done everything I've wanted.

RC Enthusiast
    I have been using Autodesk products for years. Have done 3d in 3d studio, and 3d studio max, and revit, but auto cad, and auto cad architectural desktop, sketch up, and etc. Autodesk products just cost so much.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

RC Competitor
    get creo-ive used the full version and its awesome

RC Racer
    get rid of windows....its a virus all its own then install ubuntu 12.10 for free and get libre cad for free

OPEN SOURCE Rocks!!
    4x4 slash
    08 F350 6.4 diesel

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by warwagon98xj View Post
    get rid of windows....its a virus all its own then install ubuntu 12.10 for free and get libre cad for free

OPEN SOURCE Rocks!!
    Hahaha! I was told by a software professor that Internet explorer was a virus within its self.

RC Racer
    I'm an artist, so I guess I'm the only artist in this forum. If you want hyper-real and animation, you might want to learn polygon, shaders, and rigging. Autodesk Maya is very popular. I like Luxology Modo, personally. You can download Blender3D for free.

RC Qualifier
    We use master-cam for everything at the machine shop I work at and it will do almost anything you can think of as far as a machining aspect goes and programming but its about 10 grand I think lol
    Let's Go Steelers!!!... KCCO

RC Enthusiast
    Solidworks, far and above better than anything I have ever used.
    I actually own a copy and really wish I had a 3d printer to prototype some rc stuff.

I have actually worked as a 3d mechanical designer for years now, both in-house and contract.

Sent using Tapatalk, via an iPad, meaning, if there are stupid words blame autocorrect and if things are stupidly punctuated blame the iPad keyboard.