Thread: Servo Humming

RC Competitor

Servo Humming

Put my LCG chassis on, popped a battery in, and now my servo hums when it is not perfectly set vertically. Does that make sense? How do I fix the hum???

RC Qualifier
    Servos will buzz when they are not at the position that they are being directed to. If they are a fraction of a degree off, they will hum. It is because they are working, trying to get to the right spot.
    2wd Slash VXL
    3906 MMM

Sounds like it is binding. What brand servo are you using? Some of my cheap servos like the Solars hum all the time no matter what.
    My Black & Blue Rally is faster than your color...

RC Competitor
    Stock Traxxas servo. It's like it's trying to get back to the right spot. I can fool with the steering trim from my radio enough that it stops but then when I turn the wheels again, it starts the buzz/hum.

RC Qualifier
    I think it's just because it doesnt have the torque or precision to always return to center. So it is always a little off
    2wd Slash VXL
    3906 MMM

RC Competitor
    When it was on my stock chassis, I never noticed it. Matter of fact, I'm confident it didn't start until I put it on my LCG chassis. There's gotta be someone out there with this same problem. I know not everyone just lets their servo hum...