Finally Got ThunderBolt ICS 4.0.2-Verizon

Today we finally got the old ICS system from verizon after they installed Jelly Bean 4.1.2 on most of their other phones some even have 4.2.1 which we have 4.2.3 i think on our Google Tablet Nexus 7. I dont like having to wait for the new System Updates from Manf's like Verizon has they like to take things off and lock stuff up so with a direct Google Device we get all the lastest system updates. We are waiting now for Key Lime Pie 5.0.1 from Google should be anytime now. We might even get it before the new phone from Sony or Samsung comes out Nexus 5 lol.
    So far the ICS on Thunderbolt is running smooth alot more better than 2.3.2 what it had from like 2-3 yrs ago.
    Time to break out that old thunderbolt again everyone to get the new system update!!
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Racer
    I still have 2 of them. One is actually still in use. One is a spare new remanufactured phone. I'll have to have the one updated this evening.

Sent from a Galaxy S3, far....far away.

RC Qualifier
    Wow your older phone got ics before my newer HTC one x from att... Shame on att lol

Edit: oops just remembered that jelly bean is the update I am waiting for, not ics
    2wd Slash VXL
    3906 MMM

i would get the update as soon as possible because its over 6months delayed and Verizon might take it away knowing how they are.

HTC One X would get the JB because its newer didnt it already have the ICS? I know when HTC released that i was hoping it would go to verizon as well but didnt so we stuck with the Thunderbolt instead that was right before verizon took away upgrades with the ability to keep unlimited data still. We use 12 gbs every month and thats my wife only using it watching vids all time, streaming music, games, downloading and all that.
    ATT is a little faster than verizon to release stuff i hear and read on forums.

I waiting to see how 5.0.1 works out Key Lime pie ill have to post a review how it works when i get it on my Tablet. tablet is alot faster than most phones and tabs out there as it has the new Nivida (not sure how its spelled) Tega 3, now the google nexus 10 has Tega 4 lastest OP system for Tabs. Cheap too being its only 199 Nexus 7 and with ATT Data 299, Nexus 10 399 i think alot better than having ATT/Verizon tabs under data limits i have to run WIFI only but i get ATT WIFI everywhere i go since i have U-Verse.

a full day of use its been stable so far except a few glitches like the apps changing to foreign words like japaniese or something then pushing power button once to turn screen off and back on fixed it not sure its a little glitchey but its been good so far. its not slow its a little faster than it was before even though it has a little less memory now with the upgrade it been stable signal is alot better now and hasnt dropped at all before with old software it dropped like 2-4 days it was something you can count on everyday.

RC Racer
    Are you noticing any change in battery consumption, or does it seem to be about the same?

My son runs the bolt, he says it's been months since he had 4G enabled, he keeps it in 3G only due to battery life.

Sent from a Galaxy S3, far....far away.

Battery has improved a little it doesnt allow the battery saver mode on quick settings you set it on then go out and it turns it off but overall battery has improved by 10-15% since the upgrade but thats on the extended battery. standard battery just got replaced because it swelled up and verizon wanted it back (can you believe that a swelled battery being sent back) we sent it back in the package they wanted it in didnt want to get charged you know.
    4g is spotty even when we are right at our tower it grabs 2-3 bars only when it should grab full 5. in the verizon store where our tower is it grabs full but walk outside and its a different story and if you walk across street it goes to 2-3 bars only weird this is not only with the Bolt but with the S3 and Note ll even.