RC Qualifier

Slash MT - Wider Stance with Wheels - Extenders

I don't want to do the ProTrac mod now as I have non-ProTrac CVDs and don't want to replace them.

I would like to find Wheels and a small wheel extender instead.

I am hearing there are only two wheels that have a wide offset. The Ofna mt3 and the RPM stablemaxx. Which is wider/better?

Then what tires? Why do people modify the wheel by cutting the edge off and then cut the bead.

Is there an extender that would also give me a little more width. Would have to work with Tekno 6mm axcels

Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    I'm in the same boat -- Subscribed

RC Enthusiast
    I use some slash 2WD front wheel hubs which are like double the length of the standard ones. isn't much,but it helps.If you want them to work on Tekno driveshafts you can use a 6mm drill and drill the holes a bit bigger. I did it too.

I use Pro-Line Street Fighters 2.8" on Desperado rims,because I only drive on asphalt..
    Pro-Line Trenchers are pretty much the best allround tire,it likes dirt a bit better than asphalt though,It all depends on what surface you want/will drive on.
    I know the RPM Revolver 2.2"WIDE CRAWLER WHEELS also work,because the have a larger offset,they DO fit unlike other 2.2" rims. which cannot fit on the front axles because of the C-hub height.

URC has a nice video on YouTube about that.
    Last edited by AnonymousBE; 01-27-2013 at 09:51 AM.

RC Qualifier
    I have the rpm stablemaxx in spider design with 14mm hexes, and i would say the mounting of the hex is about in the middle of the wheel. I dont have any ofna mt3 splits but have read that peeps say its just outside the inner bead, similiar to the rpm revolver wide crawler wheels. Some peeps dont like the rpm wheels cause thier small at 2.2" and when u mount a big tire like say a 5.35" wheely king mud thrasher, u have alot of side wall flex", and thats why u see others with the 3.2" wheels. I mounted tmaxx classis 3.2" tires on my sl4sh mt their 5.75" tall, since it looked like tryin to mount 2.8" tires on those wheels would be a pain.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. thedreadedend's Avatar
    Mt3s have a 100% offset, much more than stabblemaxx. Also stronger in my opinion! I have a few sets I like ti run on my mt trucks.

Here you can see the backside of the wheels, full offset. Also a 2.8 trencher trimmed to fit the 3.2 wheel to create a similar sized tire/wheel combo. I didn't want bigger, just needs stronger combo. I also didn't want to get another servo or create heat. This set up gives me a wide stance, big dub style wheels, low pro tires for less flex and traction roll and straights of the 17mm hex.
    I'm not a hatchet man! I'm a maggot!

RC Qualifier
    Pic of my truck with the stable maxx if i did it right.

RC Qualifier
    Ok, so if I use the Ofna or RPM stablemaxx wheels, I will need a hex adapter. I have Tekno in the back (6mm axcel) and stock Traxxas in the front (5mm). What adapters do I need, also, is there an adapter that also extends a bit...thanks!