Hybrid View

RC Competitor

Question Which Parts to Upgrade??

Hey, i was wondering what parts you upgrade, and which ones i should. Thanks

RC Qualifier
    The best upgrades you can do on a slash is batteries.

I got Lipo batteries and it has made a HUGE difference. More power, more runtime, and better price than traxxas ones. I recommend Sky Lipo 40c 2S 5000mah direct connect batteries. The next best upgrade is new springs. They are really cheap and also make a big difference in your car.

Get Losi 2.5" blue springs for the rear and Losi 2.0" blue springs for the front.

Another great upgrade is the jconcepts overtray if you are running in wet or dusty conditions. It prevents dust, dirt and water buildup in your car which prolongs the lift of the screws and all the parts.

One of the best upgrades is tires! On road tires, I would go with Proline Street Fighters mounted on desperado rims (2.2). Off Road get either Proline trenchers (harder but really good, they don't wear out quickly) or Proline Badlands (They are strictly off road, on road chews them up like I chew food, it wears out too quickly on road).

The rest is pretty good as it is. Just drive your car until it breaks, and then start to upgrade. When you can, get RPM replacements. They are proven to be 3x as strong as traxxas parts and sometimes even stronger than aluminum, and also cost cheap. They are usually twice as expensive as traxxas parts (plastic) but that's pretty much it for upgrades.

Hope this helps!
    Cheers

RC Qualifier
    Just like to add a couple things

The above we're really good but here are a few more

King headz motor mount with oversized bearing. This is a must especially for bigger batteries like 3s... Without you could ware out slippers and more bearings

Help yourself out by using shoe glue and drywall tape on the inside of your body. This will really prolong the body's life because stock bodies are a bit week.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    ok. thanks for the response

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by idkhow101 View Post
    Just like to add a couple things

Help yourself out by using shoe glue and drywall tape on the inside of your body. This will really prolong the body's life because stock bodies are a bit week.
    +1 on that.

You don't really need to get the Kingheadz motor mount unless you run 3S, then yes definately you need one otherwise every few runs you'll be replacing spurs.