RC Competitor

Question Get a Fan on my ESC?

Hey, i have a fan on my motor but not on my esc. Would it be worth it to get one? I looked it up and it seems like i need the same cord that is hooked up to my engine fan for the esc fan. Do you know how i can hook one up to mu esc with like a splitter or something? thanks

RC Qualifier
    Traxxas sells a esc fan that clips on the esc and their is a plug on the left side of the esc to plug it into...

Fans are cheap insurance to have

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

RC Champion
    Just get the normal velenion fan.
    ERBE
    Savage Flux XL
    Trail finder 2

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by idkhow101 View Post
    Traxxas sells a esc fan that clips on the esc and their is a plug on the left side of the esc to plug it into...

Fans are cheap insurance to have

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk
    Well i know i use the plug on the left side, but it is hooked up to my motor fan. is there any way to hook up another fan to my esc?

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SlashNoob509 View Post
    Well i know i use the plug on the left side, but it is hooked up to my motor fan. is there any way to hook up another fan to my esc?
    Well, technically you could put the ESC fan on the ESC AUX plug for the fan and take the motor fan wire and plug it into the receiver. It should be long enough, and that is what I did. It's important to have fans everywhere, and my motor fan is plugged into the receiver directly and it works perfectly. Plug it into the third channel, it gives you a lot of power, and you probably aren't using the third channel anyways.