RC Racer

lubing up an old motor

what can a guy run through an old engine (2.5) that has been sitting for 6 plus years. I got it free but wondered if I could dump a little oil of some sort in there and really lube it up or just run wd through it

Used engine sitting for 6 years; I would disassemble it and give it a good cleaning, check bearings and look for rust.
    If it has rust and you fire it up, the rust will become dislodged and cause wear to the piston/sleeve as it circulates out through the engine. Better safe than sorry.
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC Racer
    that makes complete sense, from sitting in the car it looks to be pretty clean and looks pretty clear through the manifold. I tried to remove the engine but not having much luck and don't want to take any more apart than needed. this is an old rustler and I searched through the support link and there is nothing to assist me in removing this motor.

RC Racer
    I got it out, pretty amazed how clean it is, must have done a good after run when I put it away ehh

RC Racer
    you was right snook , I decided to get brave and tear things down to find rust behind the scenes .