RC Racer

Another "This is what I want" thread....

This title helped me get my slash 4x4 together and Im in the market for another Summit so lets start. I wont go into detail like my slash 4x4 thread but to sum it up back in the summer my house was broken into and all my rc stuff was gone along with other valuables. I just got back into the hobby for the 3rd time and im wanting another Summit. Here is what I want. I like to put it in low gear every once in a while and crawl around or pull smaller stuff. I want brushless power if possible. My last summit I ran a CC 2200 and mamba monster in it. I love the speed of that on 4s and 6s but it was a bit glitchy in low gear and not smooth like the stock 775. Is there a motor out there im guessing I need sensored that is smooth like the 775 but as fast at the cc 2200? Money isn't that much of a problem. I will be running the CC Mamba Monster 2 esc as well. Thats what I put in my slash 4x4 and I love it. Waterproof motor would be nice as well but not a deal breaker if its not. All I need to know from you all is what motor I should use???

Here is my setup.

Thunder power 2x 2s and Thunder power 2x 3s with the Mamba Monster V2 ESC and Trencher X tires of course!

RC Champion
    first off may i suggest building a rc safe in a closet, or basement so thieves dont get at them. so sorry that thieves ruined your hobby. that isnt even cool. in my closet i have a hidden shelf where my best rcs are locked away. cant even see the door i built it so good.

id say motor/esc would be anything sensored. tekin is my number 1 thought. my summit is still stock with 40 series trencher x. but tekin is next when the 775 goes..
    Last edited by ajcar; 01-27-2013 at 09:39 AM.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Detlionsfan85 View Post
    my house was broken into and all my rc stuff was gone along with other valuables.
    "Pardon my French, but THAT STINKS!" --Dumb and Dumber
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Racer
    LOL Zippo!!!.

Does tekin make a motor that is as powerful as the Castle 2200 and water proof?

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Detlionsfan85 View Post
    LOL Zippo!!!.

Does tekin make a motor that is as powerful as the Castle 2200 and water proof?
    oh yes they do. tekin has 2650kv, 2250kv, 1900kv. with the xr8 esc, and youd be set. just gear it to your likeness.
    I'm not krazy. My mother had me tested.

RC Racer
    That sounds good. The motors will work with the mamba monster esc wont they? I think 1900kv would be a bit much dont you? I may go with the 2250kv. Also I assume that these motors will fit nicely in a summit without having to mod anything?

RC Qualifier
    I have heard Tekin is the way to go if money isn't the problem, I'm running the MMM/2200 in mine now and the low speed cogging isn't bad as I'm not climbing that much but it definitely cogs when trying to crawl very slow, there are other systems you can put in, even waterproof sensored systems I believe, but Tekin is most likely the best as far as quality goes, good luck and hope to see your new truck soon!! God bless.

Sent from my iPhone 5

RC Racer
    My last summit had the MMM/2200 in it and the cogging wasnt bad but I prefer it not to.

Looking at the Tekin 1900kv being sensored does that require a special ESC?

RC Champion
    Do yourself a favor and install a alarm system. I have a totally wireless system and works great. I have it set so it will dial out to 2 different cell phone # if it is tripped. I picked it up cheep from the local alarm company that has it installed for 6 months and then had to go remove it. Got more than enough sensors for my place and lots of spares for a 1/4 of the cost of the same system new. The sound of the siren is enough to scare anyone away. Plus it lowers my insurance for the year

RC Racer
    We have moved since then to an apartment. We are getting married in October and will be buying a house. Rest assured that will be the first upgrade in a house a nice alarm system!.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

RC Qualifier
    If you want a nice sensored setup look at the Tekin RX8 ESC and Tekin T8 2250kv motor. If you want a good mixture of speed and torque, that setup will give it to you. If you are looking for more torque, look at the T8 1900kv. But what size batteries are you thinking about using? I think the 1900kv motor would need 6S. But check with Tekin first. And remember that if you don't use throttle control when the diffs are locked, they won't last long. That's what I have been told.
    Last edited by summitbasher240; 01-27-2013 at 01:43 PM.
    Slash MT, 1/10 Summit.

RC Racer
    Im looking for something that will run at least 40mph on 2x 2s and 60mph on 2x 3s. I like the Mamba Monster 2 from castle because its waterproof so I plan on using that esc unless Tekin makes esc's that are waterproof or splash proof.

RC Qualifier
    Does the MMM 2 have a sensor port? I know the older models don't unless I have missed it on mine.

Sent from my iPhone 5

jonesdallas
    Quote Originally Posted by snookerd1206 View Post
    Does the MMM 2 have a sensor port? I know the older models don't unless I have missed it
    on mine.

Sent from my iPhone 5
    Your right, its not sensored. sensored motor and escs = 5 wires, non-sensored = 3 wires

RC Racer
    I see now. So the MM2 wouldnt work anyway with a sensored motor. Does anyone know if Tekin esc's are waterproof or splash proof? I will be running in a bit of snow every now and then.

RC Qualifier
    To my knowledge no the Tekin systems aren't waterproof, there are other brushless systems that are waterproof and sensored, the new MMP by castle would work on 4s, and is waterproof, but it will not handle 6s on a heavy truck like the summit IMO. A lot of guys go with the MMP and Tekin Motors. There is another post that is basically asking the same questions as you are read that post as well.

Sent from my iPhone 5