RC poster

Tmaxx identification and possible upgrade list?

New to this one, but far from new from Tmaxx's. Everything has changed though since I had one last. I had one of the original's heavily modified nearly a decade ago. It's been a while since I've been into bashing/rc, so found one cheap on craigslist that needed quite a bit of work. He had an emaxx also, so there is kind of a mix of parts here (like black front skid, but gray rear).

I believe it's a 2.5, "wide", not the extended chassis? Claims to have the FOC conversion installed (I also ripped out the servo). I replaced the rear bulkheads, put in new hingepins, and purchased a screw kit for it (many semi-stripped). I also fixed a bad bearing in the rear and put bearings in the steering. The motor is "new" according to the old owner and badly out of tune.

A new servo for steering is definitely on the list of upgrades, probably a higher flow air filter too. Can you identify what I have and what I might wish to upgrade? The stock drive shafts appear to be slightly twisted, so I probably will want to upgrade those to something else?

Here was my old racing one back in 2002 I won't be doing this again, as my new one is just a basher for the kids and I.

RC poster
    If you need closeup shots of anything to help with ID, let me know.

Its a model 4910.

Do you still have the SuperMaxx?
    No slipper/tall gearing/power = broken parts.

RC poster
    Thanks.

Thoughts on solid (or required) upgrades?

Nope, supermaxx is long gone unfortunately.

Solid upgrades would be:
    Aluminum bulks (have them ready for when they are needed)
    RPM A-arms when needed.
    If the wheel shafts are twisting you may want to consider upgrading to 3.3 spec axles, it would require 3.3 spec axle carriers, shafts and toe links.
    If the center shafts are twisting you could use the 3.3 centers with a little modification or, cvd’s.

Receiver Hump pack for the new servo you mentioned would also be a big +.

As always it’s usually best just to upgrade as things fail or I could spend all your $$ really fast with recommendations: lol:

RC poster
    Was thinking about life instead of a hump pack as well since I have a lipo/life charger for my 1/16th rally.

Are the 3.3 spec axles sufficient if I was to go 3.3 eventually, or are metal CVD's recommended at that point?

Lots of reading to do.

The 3.3 spec axles hold up well with a 3.3.
    The right rear toe link looks to be installed on the top side of the axle carrier arm? If so it will cause bump steer in the rear and should be on the bottom side of the arm.

RC poster
    Wow, good catch. I hadn't noticed that one yet. He had drywall screws holding the front bumper/bulkhead together

RC Competitor
    I'm doing an upgrade on my Pro. 15 Maxx. I'm running 3.3 axles toe links and carriers with RPM arms. You can usually find the Traxxas stuff on ebay for cheap