RC Qualifier

Whats a better basher, E-Revo BL or revo 3.3???

Hi everybody, I am going to be getting a new revo with my $ i get back from taxes but i dont know what revo i sould get. I am thinking about getting the Revo 3.3 5309, I really enjoy nitros. But i go camping in the summer alot and i like to bash almost all day and alot of people dont like all that noise and smoke all day. I had an E-Revo BL before aswell but never bashed with it for real. I know the battery chargeing will hold me back but i am thinking of getting 2 2s 9000 packs so i can get an hour run time or close to it. The chassie flex in the E-Revo dose not bother me, I never noticed any flex in my old E-Revo but i for sure do not like the motor mount flex. I know here is a fix for that but it sounds like a huge pain to bother with. But what do you guys think is best for bashing?

I am also considering an upgrades Stampede 4x4. Upgraded with a bigger motor, Long runtime battery's and suspension. I know it's smaller but i just want to have fun and maybe not spend $600+. So many options.

But what do you guys think is best for bashing?
    Last edited by JohnnyT1992; 01-26-2013 at 11:31 PM.
    Slash 2wd LCG,

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I do miss the smell and noise of nitro and you wont break parts like brushless but no comparison in performance and almost every issue can be solved with upgrades.
    I have the hpp motor mount works great yes a bit of a pain!

RC Champion
    Electric Revo would be my choice

That or a 2wd slash or stampede - they are lightweight, thus less damage on impact. IMO they take more abuse and cheaper to repair

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    Johnny......did you miss your ERBE?
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC | 360mm XO-1 GT |

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    ERBE... hands down. If your camping anywhere near any kind of power outlet (even in a campground main office) you can charge up your packs. The noise and smell of a nitro, especially at a camp ground, is going to be a problem. People love to see nitros running and find it really cool for a bit. But if your running it next to someones camp site day after day they wont think its so cool. People think an ERBE is cool too, and it doesnt tick them off. Go that route.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Dare I mention what a days worth of nitro would cost! My revo went through a tank in like 8 minutes, that was with a big block though. Electric all the way and erbe is pretty awesome to say the least.
    Donít handicap children by making life easy

i was once a nitro guy and said to myself i would never touch electric, the sound and smell are very addicting. then one day I bump my head on the wall and decided to build a ERBE, all of the sudden i'm in the dark side lol.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Now if it was like back in the day. I bought the e maxx when they first came out with nickle cads. First run I could run with a t maxx -next 50 ft wouldn't even wheelie. Didn't want to go nitro but ended up converting it to nitro buy everywhere I drove someone would yell to tone it down. Now I don't bother anyone and has all the power I need!

RC Qualifier
    A slash 4x4 with the right upgrades would work well also. I have both and love driving them both. The slash is more durable and a blast to drive but I would go with the erevo in your situation. The erevo just handles better all round and is usually my truck of choice when it's not down for the count.
    Sl4sh 2650/MM
    Erevo

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by humayrayakongkinaon View Post
    Johnny......did you miss your ERBE?
    I hate to say you where right, But you where. lol I miss all my trucks actually. I had to let my slayer go because i was falling behind on some bills a while back but now i am stable again. I still hang my first slayer body on my wall though because thats still a mean truck. I think i am better off the the ERBE though because of the noise of the nitros. But if i get the E-Revo i will build it like i did last time so i dont have to spend extra $ on new wheels and a body and what not. I dont know yet. And i run all day on the weekend because thats the only time i can get my bashing fix in. lol I just need to find a nice fitting body for it if i get one,

I would really like to convert a 3.3 revo to electric like we did a while back but that whole tranny upgradeing is a big turn off for me. I like that version a whole lot better then the ERBE though because the tekno motor mount is top grade and has no flex and i think it looks cool. Oh and on that platform i can still run my 3.3 body and have a cnc chassis.
    Last edited by JohnnyT1992; 01-27-2013 at 11:01 AM.
    Slash 2wd LCG,

RC Qualifier
    I think i made up my mind, I think i am going to build a Slash 4x4. I had one a while back and i allways had a blast with it. It has smaller wheels and it's not a MT but it did so well on grass with it's stock setup. And if i put a lipo in it it should be even more fun. I also really like the chassis layout and the overall design of the truck. Now that i think of it my Slash 4x4 did alot better then my Slayer ever did on grass. I'm not 100% sure yet, There are still so many options. I only want to own 1 truck right now so i want to be happy with the one i get.
    Slash 2wd LCG,

are you going to use the LCG chassis for the slash build? My rally is built for onroad only.

RC Qualifier
    I dont think so, I like the new LCG chassis but i want more hight so i can bash around and hit big jumps with it. I think the LCG chassis is just too low for me and would only bottom out. And i run on grass alot so i think the LCG chassis would just slow it down. I was looking at your rally pics the other day, It looks pretty sweet. I like how it's nice and compact. How fast dose it go? I would like to put a MMM in my Slash 4x4 but i would think that much power would blow all the gears apart. I know it will need new drive shafts for sure with that much power. I might settle for stock though.
    Last edited by JohnnyT1992; 01-27-2013 at 12:51 PM.
    Slash 2wd LCG,

RC Qualifier
    I run the MMM/2650. I only upgraded the motor mount, drive shafts and put alum pads on the slipper. It's holding up great so far and I have a heavy throttle finger lol.
    Sl4sh 2650/MM
    Erevo

RC Qualifier
    the nitro jumps way better!! I have both nitro and electric and the nitro is the best by a long shot on the bigger jumps!! sure the BL is 100000x quicker with its instant power. Nitro is a lot of fun just because its an engine and it way cool!

Check this out.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ickest-RC-ever!

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    If your comparing a Revo to an Emaxx and summit your going to have a totally different experience. If you were to compare an ERBE to a nitro revo the Revo isnt going to jump alot different. They both jump different but once you get used to either you can just either just as well. Ive got a few places I can jump that big as well and I can land every time with my ERBE. Took some learning... but now that I know what im doing, I can get it every time.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyT1992 View Post
    I think i made up my mind, I think i am going to build a Slash 4x4. I had one a while back and i allways had a blast with it. It has smaller wheels and it's not a MT but it did so well on grass with it's stock setup. And if i put a lipo in it it should be even more fun. I also really like the chassis layout and the overall design of the truck. Now that i think of it my Slash 4x4 did alot better then my Slayer ever did on grass. I'm not 100% sure yet, There are still so many options. I only want to own 1 truck right now so i want to be happy with the one i get.
    Why don't you build a slash mt? I'm in the process of it.......well along with my other projects.....especially if you're gonna build it ground up.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx_Adam View Post
    the nitro jumps way better!! I have both nitro and electric and the nitro is the best by a long shot on the bigger jumps!! sure the BL is 100000x quicker with its instant power. Nitro is a lot of fun just because its an engine and it way cool!

Check this out.
    http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...ickest-RC-ever!
    In what way is the 3.3 better at jumping? The instant torque from the erbe gives you much better control of your attitude in the air than a nitro ever could, plus the erbe can be safely geared faster than a 3.3 so it will jump farther or higher, whatever your going for. Not shooting you down, just curious what aspect of the 3.3 jumping you find better than an erbe.
    -ERBE
    -Slash 4x4

RC Qualifier
    I have all 3 revos, merv, erbe and a picco powered nitro revo. It's the erbe hands down. It jumps so well, run aways are a thing of the past too. No tuning, no glow plugs ruining the fun.

They all jump well but the Erbes power gives instant back flips and great control.
    Signature removed due to excess awesomeness.

I've never bashed a nitro, but I am extremely happy with the brushless...this truck is a beast: thumbup:.

EDIT: Look through this thread...brushless eRevo doing huge jumps and landing. There is also a good few bashing vids so you can see the truck in action as well.

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...=1#post5321459
    Last edited by craig.mitch316; 01-30-2013 at 03:43 AM. Reason: added link
    Rock n Rolla !

Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Qualifier
    I am building an e-revo on a revo 3.3 chassis. I had one a while beck and it was the best truck i ever had. But due the the mods the tranny needed i never drove it hard. But this time i will do all the upgrades the tranny needs. And the tekno mount on the Revo-e conversion is 1000X better then the e-revo mount IMO. It's veary strong and has no flex what so ever. I'll post pics once it's all done, But it probably wont be done for another month or so, It will be ready for spring time for sure though.
    Slash 2wd LCG,