Results 1 to 26 of 26
  1. #1
    jonesdallas
    Guest

    Future Shop Ended Their Sale Early?

    So... I was online last night cause I wanted to order another summit. I just paid $564 delivered with a free ez-peak charger from future shop.

    Check out the thread here -------> http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?8973866-New-Summit-delevered-to-my-door-for-564-%29-Future-Shop


    They had a sale going till Jan 31st on the summit with the free charger. I decided on another summit and to my surprise , future shop had pulled the sale off their website. Has anybody else noticed the sale disappeared before the scheduled end to the sale?

    I have emailed future shop regarding the situation and have not received a response yet. Perhaps another day or two and I`ll get a response.

    Their new price is $629.99 +TAX, with an offer for 20% off the charger, LOL. Really? big difference from $499 with a free charger...

    Well I sure am loving the new summit though, looking forward to getting some lipo`s soon and a few accesories like the roof light bar, some new tires as I`ll be putting chains on my stock set this weekend gotta love winter rc`ing.

  2. #2
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    14
    I noticed that also, I'm going to call them to discuss this issue as I am wanting another truck

  3. #3
    jonesdallas
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by girlcrazy_4 View Post
    I noticed that also, I'm going to call them to discuss this issue as I am wanting another truck
    Awesome, let us know how that call goes. I`ll also update you guys on my email situation when I get a response.

    Did you also notice that Future Shop not only pulled the Summit off the sale list, but every other models sale ended too. They went from like 18-28 Traxxas items on sale to 0. All you can get is 20% off the ez-peak charger IF you purchase a Summit, E-Revo or E-maxx. Booo urrrrnnns lol

  4. #4
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,162
    Sale probably went better than they expected and eather sold down to fast or realized they were loosing to much money

  5. #5
    jonesdallas
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    Sale probably went better than they expected and either sold down to fast or realized they were loosing to much money
    Well, since I was eying the summit for months... I kept a close watch and they did not sell out, also they only sold a few units at that prince... maybe 4.

  6. #6
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,162
    Hard to tell how many they sell when they continually get stock in. I'm pretty sure they had a good turn over from the different forums I read I know of at least 10 sold

  7. #7
    jonesdallas
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    Hard to tell how many they sell when they continually get stock in. I'm pretty sure they had a good turn over from the different forums I read I know of at least 10 sold
    Somewhat true, they do get stock in.

    I'm not sure where you got your info from, but I checked the stock levels for the summit for each color daily before and after the sale. So far I only saw 3-4 units sold according to their real time inventory system. The day after I ordered mine (green), I saw stock went from 5-4. So I know my reading were very accurate.

    But I will also say I noticed the green go from 4 to 5 a few days later... looks like they restocked the one I bought lol. BUT Im still very confident in saying 5 max were sold at that price.

  8. #8
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    14
    I know that the green summits where at 18 units, because thats when I bought mine. Now it is showing 5 units. FS does have the right to withdrawl prices at its descretion so I'm sure there is a reason behind it.

  9. #9
    jonesdallas
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by girlcrazy_4 View Post
    I know that the green summits where at 18 units, because thats when I bought mine. Now it is showing 5 units. FS does have the right to withdrawl prices at its descretion so I'm sure there is a reason behind it.
    When did u order yours? got a copy of the invoice to prove it? and BTW spoken like a true FS rep would lol.

    Only way they had 18 was if the website shows you stock from a different warehouse than the site shows me, if it can detect which warehouse would be sending you the item based on IP address.

    as mentioned.... I checked stock level for each color daily for the last month... so don't feed me BS.

  10. #10
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,162
    FS runs several warehouses across Canada just like any large company. So what it shows on 1 computer will not be the same on someone else's. also their real time inventory system is not updated by the second many hourly if your lucky so unless you are sitting their refreshing your screen every min you are never gonna know what the real stock level is. Plus their whs also supplies their stores for that district.

    Pretty sure they sold quite a few of those across Canada not just what you seen in their site. Heck my local shop sold 3 in the last 2 weeks in a small town

  11. #11
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK, CAN
    Posts
    222
    yeah I know of two guys here that bought summits after I told them about the sale, kinda bummed that it ended, I was planning on ordering a stampede today.

    oh well, I did get a brushless merv for my daughter delivered to my door for $281.00
    Last edited by CHKMATE ELUDER; 01-26-2013 at 03:50 PM.

  12. #12
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Posts
    177
    I went to best buy and future shop today and they still have their sale in store

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

  13. #13
    jonesdallas
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Crock View Post
    FS runs several warehouses across Canada just like any large company. So what it shows on 1 computer will not be the same on someone else's. also their real time inventory system is not updated by the second many hourly if your lucky so unless you are sitting their refreshing your screen every min you are never gonna know what the real stock level is. Plus their whs also supplies their stores for that district.

    Pretty sure they sold quite a few of those across Canada not just what you seen in their site. Heck my local shop sold 3 in the last 2 weeks in a small town
    Right, Its updated daily like I mentioned. And of course they could have sold more Canada wide, such as in-store and or even perhaps from a different warehouse. I`m located in Ontario and it arrived at my door in 36 hrs So im sure I got mine from the Mississauga WHSE.

  14. #14
    jonesdallas
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CHKMATE ELUDER View Post
    yeah I know of two guys here that bought summits after I told them about the sale, kinda bummed that it ended, I was planning on ordering a stampede today.

    oh well, I did get a brushless merv for my daughter delivered to my door for $281.00
    I know the feeling, At least ya got something

  15. #15
    jonesdallas
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by noobrc View Post
    I went to best buy and future shop today and they still have their sale in store

    Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    Nice.... What kinda deals if you happen to recall?

  16. #16
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesdallas View Post
    When did u order yours? got a copy of the invoice to prove it? and BTW spoken like a true FS rep would lol.

    Only way they had 18 was if the website shows you stock from a different warehouse than the site shows me, if it can detect which warehouse would be sending you the item based on IP address.

    as mentioned.... I checked stock level for each color daily for the last month... so don't feed me BS.
    I live on the west coast. Our warehouse is in Vancouver. I am positive it was 18 because I logged in every day to see how fast they where selling out. And a FS rep?? I think the closest FS to me is about 8hours away, a bit of a far drive to work every day.

  17. #17
    RC Champion
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,162
    Another thing is they run of a Min/max quantity system for their online orders. So also what will happen is since they are basically working out of the distribution centers were their will be lots of stock as soon as they sell one the system will automatically pull one from inventory out of the warehouse stock and put it in the online stock. So most of the time you will not see the online availability change at all unless the whs runs low on stock.. Wish i would have ordered another one before the sale was done..

  18. #18
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    48
    Well, I was logging in like some of you this AM, to find out the sale had Dissappeared.
    I immediatley emailed Future shop to find out why, as it is only the 28th...and here is the LAME excuse I got...

    Not good, and they just lost my sale....
    I guess my search continues...as i was looking for a 4x4 Stampede

    Cheers
    OPIPE

    > I am sorry to hear that there were price changes that occurred on
    > products when you were ready to buy. Unfortunately, it is likely that a
    > directive from our supplier did not permit us to continue with the sale
    > prices that were posted. Pricing and availability of our products,
    > including items found in our sales flyers, are always subject to change
    > at any time.
    >
    > We truly apologise for any inconvenience and we hope that this
    > experience has not turned you away from being a valued customer of
    > Future Shop.
    >
    > Thank you for contacting Futureshop.ca, we look forward to serving you
    > in the future.

  19. #19
    jonesdallas
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by opipe View Post
    Well, I was logging in like some of you this AM, to find out the sale had Dissappeared.
    I immediatley emailed Future shop to find out why, as it is only the 28th...and here is the LAME excuse I got...

    Not good, and they just lost my sale....
    I guess my search continues...as i was looking for a 4x4 Stampede

    Cheers
    OPIPE

    > I am sorry to hear that there were price changes that occurred on
    > products when you were ready to buy. Unfortunately, it is likely that a
    > directive from our supplier did not permit us to continue with the sale
    > prices that were posted. Pricing and availability of our products,
    > including items found in our sales flyers, are always subject to change
    > at any time.
    >
    > We truly apologise for any inconvenience and we hope that this
    > experience has not turned you away from being a valued customer of
    > Future Shop.
    >
    > Thank you for contacting Futureshop.ca, we look forward to serving you
    > in the future.

    Sorry to hear man... at least you got a response... its been 4 or 5 days now and I`ve had no response from them.

    Sounds like the supplier contacted them and told them to stop cutting LHS throats, LoL.

    I now regret posting how good of a deal I got beacuse the day after my post they took the sale down

  20. #20
    RC Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    48
    Well, the squeaky wheel gets the grease...

    I just called Future Shop, and complained again about the sale just "Dissappearing"...and they offered me a one time "Customer Rentention" sale price...as advertised.
    So I was able to get ( with free shipping ) the 4x4 VXL Brushless Stampede for $319 +taxes.
    I am pretty happy with that... $360 out the door!

    If anyone else missed the sale, i would suggest calling sooner than later.

    The Customer Service Rep on the phone chalked the sale dissapearing as a "Glitch" in their system.....go figure!

    Anyway, just thought I would share!
    Good luck!

  21. #21
    jonesdallas
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by opipe View Post
    Well, the squeaky wheel gets the grease...

    I just called Future Shop, and complained again about the sale just "Dissappearing"...and they offered me a one time "Customer Rentention" sale price...as advertised.
    So I was able to get ( with free shipping ) the 4x4 VXL Brushless Stampede for $319 +taxes.
    I am pretty happy with that... $360 out the door!

    If anyone else missed the sale, i would suggest calling sooner than later.

    The Customer Service Rep on the phone chalked the sale dissapearing as a "Glitch" in their system.....go figure!

    Anyway, just thought I would share!
    Good luck!
    Reallllyyyyy..... LoL. Thats awesome. Thanks for the info! +1 Rep!

  22. #22
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Posts
    177
    I called and they said its gonna be $629.99 if i buy a summit

  23. #23
    jonesdallas
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by noobrc View Post
    I called and they said its gonna be $629.99 if i buy a summit
    Awee... thats too bad I emailed agian today... see if I get a response. Im over it now, but kinda sux when you were stoaked for a deal.

  24. #24
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by noobrc View Post
    I called and they said its gonna be $629.99 if i buy a summit
    I just ordered another summit for the $499.99 I told them I had the product in my shopping card but the website was down for maintence (which they are aware of) and I was unable to process the order. They said no problem and got the supervisor to over-ride it. Another truck is on its way!! The girlfriend is gonna love her surprise gift

  25. #25
    jonesdallas
    Guest
    [QUOTE=girlcrazy_4;5405197]I just ordered another summit for the $499.99 I told them I had the product in my shopping card but the website was down for maintence (which they are aware of) and I was unable to process the order. They said no problem and got the supervisor to over-ride it. Another truck is on its way!! The girlfriend is gonna love her surprise gift [/QUOTE

    niccccceeee.... shell learn to love it lol

    awesome u convinced them. I wish I had thought of it at the time.

  26. #26
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Posts
    177
    I found a $640 e revo on best buy http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...85ff3cbb45en02

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •