Hybrid View

RC Racer

Springs @ Oil For Big Bores

I have the stock oil that came in the truck out of the box with and blue Losi springs in the front and green in the back. It seems to be real soft. Should i change the oil or stiffer springs?

RC Qualifier
    depends what rate spring it is, and depends if the oil in it is good or not. do you know the rate for the springs?
    Racing in the Past, Present, and Future...MAYBE

RC Racer
    I tried both - blue and green springs from Losi - to soft for me. I just bought the linear spring sets from Hot Racing (silver in use) and like them very much. I also changed the oils to 42,5WT front (50WT stock) and 32,5WT rear (40WT stock).

RC Qualifier
    I have blu losi springs 55 wt rear and green losi 45 wt front with the big bores and they work great. If you yo are looking for something or big jumps upgrade to d8's

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by SlashandBurn View Post
    I have blu losi springs 55 wt rear and green losi 45 wt front with the big bores and they work great. If you yo are looking for something or big jumps upgrade to d8's
    It depends also a little bit on the weight of the car... A big lipo can easily give you 200gr + to a low capacity one... I had driven the blue losi springs a long time with stock chassis, 2C 4200mAh 25c lipo and big motor van and it was ok without big jumps... Now I drive a STRC aluminum chassis and I had to change the springs because of the additional weight.

RC Qualifier
    What springs are you running and how much weight did it add, I'm thinking about upgrading
    Quote Originally Posted by Beholder_74 View Post
    It depends also a little bit on the weight of the car... A big lipo can easily give you 200gr + to a low capacity one... I had driven the blue losi springs a long time with stock chassis, 2C 4200mAh 25c lipo and big motor van and it was ok without big jumps... Now I drive a STRC aluminum chassis and I had to change the springs because of the additional weight.

RC Racer
    I now have red Tmax springs in back and blue losi springs in front. Changed fluid to 40wt all around. Front is still soft. May just need some prolines up front. Still bottoms the front easy.
    Any other ides?

RC Racer
    i just put 50w all around on my pro-lines with stock springs ...i haven't run them yet but from just a hand test they fell noticeably stiffer then 40w i put in the first time 40w was a bit soft i felt ..haven't played around with different springs yet

RC Racer
    Im running the linear Hot Racing sets. The weight of my car is 2668gr (STRC LCG) with lipo (without body).
    I run the silver springs on our carpet off-road track and the blue ones for street.

Just google for Hot Racing and >
    SLF48MR268
    SLF63MR268