RC Enthusiast

Cool bashing on the beaches of Baja

so hey guys i am headed to the beaches of Baja to visit the rents and check out the Baja 250. i will be bringing my E-Maxx 3908 and wanna run it at the beach i been thinking about getting some Proline Sand Paws and a shroud cover from Dusty Motors. thinking about getting some lipos too as i have been running the stock 3000 mah Nimh's. but my main question is for those who have run Sand tires on soft/med sand at the beach. should i just stick with paws on the back or all the way around? as opposed to a sand rail like setup with paws on the back and pie cutters up front? thanks for any help or insight. i will definitely upload some pics around mid March when i get back.

RC Champion
    Just my thoughts from a guy who has never ran his E Maxx on a sandy beach.

Paddle tires on the front would seem to led towards throwing unwanted sand into the chassis area especially when turning. I think I'd lean towards the rail type pizza cutter on the front.

Again, I have no experience to back up this statement, it's just my opinion.

RC Champion
    When it comes to intricate moving parts, salt water is not your friend. Bring a can of WD-40 with you!

http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2011...roof-vehicles/
    Make it idiot-proof and along comes a better idiot

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    And gear down quite a bit!

RC Racer
    I ran mine on a very powdery beach the other day, paddles on all 4 works GREAT! gets you any where, but your turning is not that good, Have a look at my video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHAd3...B33dmA&index=1

that was a while ago, will post up another video abit later
    Traxxas and yamaha - cant do anything without them

RC Enthusiast
    will the extra gear that comes with be ok or should i go for a specific set up?