RC Qualifier

whats better tra7033X or rpm axle carriers?

as subject says, rpm has axle carriers that have screw down pivot ball caps but I assume they still wear out. Traxxas has the aluminum ones that I assume only work with the traxxas carriers. So what is best?

RC Qualifier
    The rpm ones from what I have heard have a problem with the balls popping out. They are to soft, just like on the t-maxx. I am running the golden horizon hubs and have had no problems.

sent from my not so smart, smart phone
    T-maxx 3.3
    Rusty 2.5r
    Summit VXL
    Nitro 4-tec

RC Qualifier
    I love my TRX7033x aluminum pivot caps with the stock knuckles. Zero problems since I installed them.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. Jimmie Neutron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by robl45 View Post
    as subject says, rpm has axle carriers that have screw down pivot ball caps but I assume they still wear out. Traxxas has the aluminum ones that I assume only work with the traxxas carriers. So what is best?
    7033X is not a carrier... they are pillow ball adjusters.
    Even after installation, you will still have a weak plastic knuckle; but an adjustable plastic knuckle.

RPM is known to work some of the time... some swear by them, others don't.

In my observations, all of the following makes a decent knuckle... with many reported happy users.
    HR, GH, and GPM

HR gets a bad rap because the threads are not always perfect for the pillow ball adjuster.
    To be honest, I don't think any of them have perfect threads in this area... but because HR has aluminum pillow ball adjusters this flaw becomes more evident. If you have a way to chase the threads to make sure they are perfect, HR makes a quality knuckle.
    Whatever it is I just said... I could be wrong.

RC Qualifier
    Hot racing you have to grind the hex adapters I saw on one thread. Do you still use 7033x with gh and gpm carriers?

I have HR and did not need to grind anything to get them installed and working.

7033x only work with stock carriers.

RC Qualifier
    So gh and gpm use plastic it looks like, don't those wear?

Eventually.
    The HR has a delrin cup that goes in before the aluminum adjuster... that wears to.

I have hundreds of packs through my Revo... I have to adjust every so often (3 or 4 times so far) but I have yet to need to replace anything.

RC Qualifier
    Understood. I really Like the rpm as they are green and truck will go grave digger soon. But the gpm are blue and that would look nice too.

You could be one of the lucky ones that don't have any issues with RPM knuckles... if you don't want to "risk" it, I am sure you will be satisfied with GPM. If all else fails, rough them up and paint them.