RC Racer

Very disappointed in lack of support

I have been a loyal Traxxas customer for years, but I am very disappointed with the lack of parts support with the DR-1.

I emailed customer service about not being able to find parts online or at my LHS.

They replied back simply to tell me to "keep looking, as they should be available shortly."

Very disappointing Traxxas!!!

Honestly, it almost makes me wonder if I should have waited on the DR-1 to be released or if I should have just gone with another heli.

Maybe someone in customer service will read this and actually help me out with parts versus telling me to just "keep looking, they'll be there soon."
    Slash 2wd, Losi XXX-CR

RC Qualifier
    yea this seems to be a common problem. i started to buy the dr-1 but thankfully looked around on all my normal online vendors includeing buytraxxas and found no parts in stock for ether the dr-1 or the qr-1,my LHS "hobbytown usa" wich normaly handles tons of traxxas parts said they nether had the actual heli's or there parts,were unsure if they would be stocking them at all and if they did it would be a few months iirc before they might carry them if they would be carring them. i find it very strang as normaly from my exp and from word of mouth that traxxas is normaly very very good at parts support. might not even be traxxas's fualt, may have been an unseen or unexpected problem with the oem manufacturers or shipping issues. who knows. i finaly went with a def brand for my co-as heli and im happy enough but i still hated to do it as traxxas has been pretty good to me in the past and im a loyal customer.
    i plan on useing traxxas when i get ready for a quad "qr-1", by then im sure parts support will have improved. But at any rate from what iv seen i think some one some wear droped the ball so to speak, or maybe this is normal for a new product, i dont know. at any rate i hope you find the parts you need asap.

Was there an option to get them through buytraxxas.com?
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Champion
    The unfortunate reality of buying a brand new model is the limited run of replacement parts. In the past 5 months, I have realized I need to wait a while when a product is released before I will be able to get replacement parts. Just the nature of things here at TRAXXAS. Sucks for us - thats the way it is....yes I too get frustrated (still waiting for my LCG on backorder) but I keep coming back because the are.....the best in the business!

Patience will do wonders

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I was saying exactly this to Dadx2mj the other day... For example, the spare batteries for the QR-1 took forever to appear online, and the two stock ones is not enough to have fun (5 minute fly vs 45 minute charge)... I don't want to buy the Rally 1/10 because the LCG chassis is not easily available (maybe from the eBay chop shops at a crazy price)... And, to be honest, buytraxxas isn't good enough when it only works for US customer, Paypal is not available, stock is bogus and shipping is somehow slow...
    Last edited by danielhr77; 01-26-2013 at 11:26 PM.
    200, 202, 420, humor 404, 301 to rc10talk, 410.

RC Qualifier
    yea i agree on the shipping being a bit slow. something they should try and work on improveing if at all posable.

Have a little patients guys, I know that is pretty easy for me to say and much tougher when your bird is sitting waiting for a part but it takes a while for all in invovled to get things as we all know they will be in the end. Traxxas may need a little time to get a handle on the demand and what is adequate stock to keep on hand just like the LHS and companines who supply Traxxas will. There is no reason to think the QR-1 and DR01 parts will be any different than all the other Traxxas parts. Soon enough they will be readily available I am sure.

I know the LHS my son works at was amazed how fast their initial shipment of QR-1's flew off the shelves, what they THOUGHT would be a months supply lasted less than two weeks.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Competitor
    As a suggestion... Because the QR-1 is based on the same industry standard quad that is now sold by at least other companies you could purchase blades, bodies and radios from any of the three companies who sell the spare parts as they are all interchangeable.

That said I think everyone who sells versions of the QR-1 have had amazing sales and getting parts from any of them is likely not easy. That said you don't have to limit yourself to just traxxas for parts.

NOTE: Out of respect for Traxxas I didn't say the name of the other companies that sell other versions of QR-1. You can find that with a google search.

NOTE: Out of respect for Traxxas I didn't say the name of the other companies that sell other versions of QR-1. You can find that with a google search.
    I appreciate the thought but not sure I can follow your thinking here. If you think Traxxas has an issue with you saying the name then you should simply not talk about it rather than talk circles around it and simply just not say the name. That is pretty much like bypassing the language filter. For the record you are allowed to say Husban. I have posted I bought Husban blades of ebay and also blades from the HeliMax for use on my QR-1 when the Traxxas blades were not available.

Like I said the QR-1 and DR-1 parts situation will work itself out, my LHS has most of it in stock now.
    Last edited by Dadx2mj; 01-27-2013 at 10:23 AM.
    BlindMan Racing
    Rusty - MERV - Pede 4x4-Alias
    SPC Lipo Power

RC Qualifier
    FWIW, the hubsan parts seem to be almost as elusive as the TRX parts. They do work, it's just a matter of finding them.

This always seems to happen for the first little bit of a new release. It will take a while like others have said, but they will get the parts flowing soon enough.

RC Enthusiast
    Have you seen this thread? It gives an option for parts. With respect to not being able to buy parts at your LHS, I'm not sure how Customer Service could fix that. Are you sure your LHS actually ordered replacement parts?

http://traxxas.com/forums/showthread...s-Availability

Traxxas Employee
    I would recommend you call our support team 1-888-Traxxas to see what they can do to help you out.

RC poster
    www.banggood.com

search for hubsan X-4 blades/motors. I found motors here for under $3 each.

RC poster
    I read these post about how bad customer service is everyday. I dropped my qr-1 off last thursday with damage i caused. Picked it up today with a new body, blades and two motors for free. Even got a tutorial in their parking lot with the winds here in plano over 20mph. The Traxxas guy controlled it with ease. Service doesnt get much better than that.

RC Competitor
    I guess I got aTraxxas person that was having a bad day. They wanted $10 to fix my motor that basically fell apart and this is happening to a lot of others.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan9534 View Post
    I read these post about how bad customer service is everyday. I dropped my qr-1 off last thursday with damage i caused. Picked it up today with a new body, blades and two motors for free. Even got a tutorial in their parking lot with the winds here in plano over 20mph. The Traxxas guy controlled it with ease. Service doesnt get much better than that.
    Cool! Thanks for the post. That was me who brought it out to you and did the quick demo. I just want people to know what the QR-1 is really capable of once you become really familiar with it. That little thing is awesome! Check out my video in the QR-1 video gallery when you get a chance!