RC poster

Angry Jato starts and I barely even pull the starter y?

Hey guy it's been a min since I needed help with my jato. But just as tittle states, my jato starts really quick sometimes and it stalls out soon as I apply throttle. My temps r around 195 and 210 and I see plenty of smoke coming from pipe. My carburetor is always filled with gas and glow plug is always wet. So I bought it was a hsn problem but no matter how I set the needle it seems to still be same amount of smoke. I have burned out two glow plugs in 15 min what is wrong with my boy? Somebody help. Iam running teaxxas 20% fuel and it idles just fine until I give it gas it sometimes cut out at full throttle and when I try cranking it, it cranks right up with very little pull force.

RC Champion
    Have you tried tuneing the LSN? It sounds rich on the LSN

RC poster
    I did but just when I think I got it stalls out when I apply to much throttle and I could have my idle speed set to high because the wheels API. When I lid he truck off the ground. I'am thinking it could be my low speed needle also because it dies when I remove glow plug igniter.and it is hard to start unless I move the high speed sneedle or low speed needle.

RC poster
    Any more comments or opinions more than welcome

RC Qualifier
    If turning the HSN needle makes no diff, maybe your carburetor is busted?

RC Competitor
    maybe abit rich on fuel...
    Traxxas-WRX
    Jato3.3

RC poster
    Hey guys good to see more opinion and I figured it out. Right before I seem these last three posts. It was my hsn way too rich. I gues when turning the needles u count one turn as one when I was counting one turn as a half a turn meaning two full turns is one turn. I didn't think it was the carb because its brand new. Do one full rotation turn on the needles count as one turn Ora half a turn? And I still feel like there is still something wrong because when I pull the pull start it almost just jumps out and crank the car itself (meaning I don't have to pull hard and it starts right up on the first pull). Now I know some of u probably saying y complain about a quick start. Well it's because it never was this easy before to crank so that's what scares me. Any ideas?
    Last edited by Itryharder30; 01-27-2013 at 05:35 PM.

4 turns out on the HSN means 4 - 360 of rotation; not 4 - 180 of rotation. Same applies to the LSN.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    4 turns out on the HSN means 4 - 360 of rotation; not 4 - 180 of rotation. Same applies to the LSN.
    Great advice thx