RC Qualifier

New Spur gear / clutch bell meshing issues.

I installed a Traxxas 40t spur gear and a new Traxxas HD aluminum slipper clutch and a new Traxxas 14t clutch bell and bearing. Leaving the stock clutch in it stilll looked like the new one i got so i left it. The clutch bell spins nice and smooth and fast and the spur gear turns easy.

When i hold the trans in place with my hands the spur and clutch bell will spin relatively free, no binding or mesh issues. While holding the trans in place with my hands(still spinning freely) i have my dad put the skidplate on and tighten down the trans to the frame. After its tighten down it sounds like the 2 above mentioned gears are rubbing or not properly meshing together. If i loosen the screws and lift up the trans a lil it seems to free up and spin pretty freely. It doesnt look like the spur gear is rubbing on the frame, but its so hard to see and tell if it is. Do i need to shim the trans up? Does the 40t spur rub the chassis and i just can see it? IDK please help.

The only other thing ive done is replace the front bulk head. I changed the spur, clutch bell, and slipper while waiting on the ebay auction to end on the bulkheads.
    " You just got passed by a Traxxas"

RC Qualifier
    Don't shim up trans.. Loosen your engine mount to pivot , set your mesh then tighten mount..

RC Qualifier
    @Ckeithnitro Thank you for the quick reply i see the adjustment now. I learned something new today.

Im still learning, but at the rate i Bash, Repair, Repeat im learn alot fast lol.
    Last edited by NvDesertRat96; 01-26-2013 at 06:24 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Not the 4 screws that hold your engine to the mount.. The mount has two horizontal screws on it and when loosened the mount will pivot so you can set the clutch bell to the spur gear mess.. Hope this is more clear I can put up a pic if you need it..

RC Qualifier
    nope i got it. I have a new problem now. All the tires will spin when spun individually or as a front set or rear set but when i put it down on the ground on all 4 it wont free roll. The spur still spins freely i can turn the engine over by hand. None of the drive lines are binding up.

Is it possible when i replaced the front bulk head i put the front diff in upside down?

RC Champion
    One of your diffs is upside down, they will have markings on them the says UP.
    2009 Florida State Monster Truck Champion
    RBMods

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by pntmachine View Post
    One of your diffs is upside down, they will have markings on them the says UP.
    Thx pntmachine. I just disconnected my front drive line and the front is going back wards. I just replace the front bulkhead so i know where i messed up. Back to the workbench with the Revo i go.

Is it pretty obvious ive only had this since Early November? LOL
    Last edited by NvDesertRat96; 01-26-2013 at 08:30 PM. Reason: change a filtered word :)

RC Champion
    You are doing fine, we have all been there, that's how most have learned trust me on that! LOL
    2009 Florida State Monster Truck Champion
    RBMods

RC Qualifier
    Got the diff flipped over and ran it today. After a lil adjusting of this and that it ran really good. Very pleased the 40t spur 14t cb combo. When it warms up ill be able to get a better tune on it. I also have a THS1046 pipe to put on and 50wt shock oil and springs to do yet.

Thanks for the help guys. I cant wait for summer to go bashing.