RC Racer

Slash 4X4 MT Video and Pictures

Finally started milling my custom extended length control arms. Here is a picture of an RPM arm and Proline arm next to my prototype and a couple milled blocks I started.

Took me a little over 3 hours on a manual mill to get the 4 arms milled and holes drilled to the point im at now. I was able to keep everything within a couple thousands so im happy with that.

Here is the video. I was just bashing around on a frozen lake. I wanted to make sure the 3.8 badlands would clear the body. I just want to gear it up a little. Otherwise Im very happy with how it performs.
    Have to give a BIG thanks to my buddy ORIONKNIGHT12 for making the video.
    Last edited by ruststang94; 01-26-2013 at 01:02 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    WOW! Nice work! I have been thinking of putting some 40 series wheels and tires on my slash 4x4.Thank you for showing what is possible.I have everything but the 17mm adapters and wheels and tires. I guess I will have to try this too.lol

RC Racer
    Thanks.. I did the 17mm adapters that have a .500" offset and unfortunately it wasn't enough. thats why I decided to make the extended control arms. Personally I had to have a maxx body with the 40 series wheels. hoping to have the control arms finished by the end of the week. Good luck with your project.

RC Racer
    Hoping to finish milling tomorrow night. Will post some pictures when done.

RC Enthusiast
    Ok ty for the advise. Looking foward to seeing the finished product.

RC Racer
    I was able to get 1 control arm finished. Just need to do some cosmetic touch ups. Im pretty happy with it. I just hope they hold up .
    The one one the left is a started block, Right side is the prototype, and middle one is the finished milled arm.

RC Qualifier
    Maybe I missed it, but what is the material your using ? Nice work BtW.
    E-REVO MMM - Stampede 4x4 6s/3s

RC Champion
    Looks like Delrin but I could be wrong.

RC Racer
    Im using nylatron. Nylatron is a tradename for a family of nylon plastics, typically filled with molybdenum disulfide lubricant powder. It is used to cast plastic parts for machines, because of its mechanical properties and wear-resistance. Nylatron is a brand name of DSM Plastics and was originally developed and manufactured by Polypenco. Nylatron is used in rotary lever actuators where unusual shapes are required. They are also used as heavy-duty caster wheels, normally as a replacement for cast iron or forged steel.

RC Qualifier
    If it breaks, that is going to be one **** of a process to get it fixed! haha just kidding, it sounds tough as nails

RC Racer
    If any break I don't think I will be making any more. lol

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    its nice that you have the right tools to make one yourself. I have the RC Sollutions aluminum extended arms and by the look of your homemade arm....my arm is few mm shorter than yours.
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC Racer
    Yes Im fortunate with my projects. My arms are 120mm long. Was looking at the RC Sollutions aluminum extended arms and needed them a tad longer. Also I wasn't to happy that they were aluminum. So I decided to make my own. Unfortunately I haven't had any time to work on them. Getting a little antsy to run them.

RC Racer
    Finally finished my control arms. Took a lot more work then I was anticipating but Pretty happy with them. Now time will tell how durable they are. I will get a few more running videos with the new arms soon.

RC Enthusiast
    what gearing do you run and what do your temps look like?

RC Racer
    Im running 13t pinion with a 52t spur. On a castle 2400kv mmp/sct. Temps are really low. Thinking of gearing up to a 15 16t pinion.filmed a bashing video. Will post it after editing.