Thread: Need a new ESC

RC Racer

Need a new ESC

G'day,

I think my mamba max pro has had it, the merv stutters at low acceleration as if it isn't receiving enough current, but I have plugged it in with a 4s 5000mah lipo and to the same results.

I contacted castle, but getting it shipped (internationally) to them and having 'em fix it will be a higher cost than buying a new esc.

I'm using a neu 1110/1Y with only 2s lipos, I'm thinking of a sidewinder sv3. Has anyone dabbled with the hobbywing esc for the merv? I'm loving the ace/hobbywing esc for my mt4g3.

Thanks!

RC Qualifier
    I am considering getting a tekin rs. Maybe try that. Is the problem the motor maybe? They do that if the have over heated before.

lipo power!!!!!
    1:16 Slash vxl
    Stampede 4x4 vxl

Did you try the ESC with different motors? It can also be the motor which is giving problems. Are you using the latest firmware?
    Nobody is born with experience.

RC Racer
    Hey guys,

I have updated the firmware via castle link, reset all settings and have tried with the stock motor and my friends castle 1406 5700kv. Its all with the same results, I'll try to post a video of what happens tomorrow.

RC Champion
    Check out the motor first. I got a similar behavior with a bad motor

RC Qualifier
    Also if you have not tried this already unhook the servo from the RX and then try it again. I have seen bad servos make the whole system not work correctly. Just thinking out loud but you never know.