RC Qualifier

stock or traxxas cvd's?

i have had stock axles on my emaxx since ive had it and havent had a problem but someone told me that it make a difference to your truck having the cvd's on there. is this true or is he just pulling my leg? tell me what you think. this is my truck...
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I would think its harder on everything with them
    If anything upgrade to summit axles but I would leave be!
    Nice clean truck!

RC Qualifier
    im glad you answered 50, i like your answers haha, are the summit axles better than the stock emaxx, are they just thicker? and if i were to put the cvd's in there would it take the slopp out of the wheels? haha i hit the truck up with my air compressor after every run and wipe off any other dirt or debri
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    The summit are a cvd design that's tough. Rpm arms have too much flex for cvds. In a crash they bend or fall. out they wont with summit

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If you haven't had any issue I wouldn't change them. I run traxxas cvds with rpm true track arm without issues, some of the slop comes from the 17mm adapters, there is a thread on the erevo forum about it and how to fix it. Like 50 said, most people are running summit axles with great results.

RC Qualifier
    I have traxxas CVD (complete kit) on my E-Maxx brushless and all RPM arm and tower no problem!!!
    -EMB (GPS 51.6mph)
    -Spartan (GPS 48.2mph)

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    For the slop pu some 6x8 mm shims

RC Qualifier
    My center driveshafts started to warp - the pins were wearing oblong holes as some here have seen - so I upgraded only the center shafts to the Traxxas CVDs. I haven't had any driveline-related problems since, and I'm pushing 6s-worth of power through a 2000kV RX-8 system.

RC Qualifier
    where do i put the shims, i have never used any shims on any of my trucks. do you happen to have a picture?
    EMBE
    Jato 3.3
    T-Maxx 2.5

RC Qualifier
    I use Losi shims (LOSA6356) in between the hub carrier outer bearing and the 17mm hex adapter. There's a little bit of slop but it's WAY better than before.

RC Qualifier
    I have the traxxas CVD's and RPM a arms. CVD's are flexiable with the arms, the shocks do go up and down and the front wheels steer. I've broken off 3 lower a arms and 2 uppers and my CVD's are still going strong. the rubber boots are all tore up now but thats about it.

I hit a sharp rock going kinda fast and ripped the a arm right off and even snapped my hinge pin, bent both shocks. I think all that happened is the steel shaft just came out of the cup so as long as it don't snag on anything it should not bend. I've also noticed that with the summit shafts they rub on the shocks sometimes.

RC Racer
    Gpm Steel shafts are AMAZING
    Traxxas and yamaha - cant do anything without them