RC Racer

Revo running hot,cause?

My 2.5 Revo has decided to run hot (around 280 with tempgun). I've used the tuning guide and leaned out, no help. Then went slightly rich and still to hot. I've ran it like that twice, hope it didn't cook the engine. I first noticed it because the truck was running fine then just slowed. Put the temp gun on it and got a 290 reading. Of course shut ti off right away and let it cool down. Doesn't seen to have a leak around the header. Could the resonator cause it? The exhaust (resonator) reads 200 when I check it.

Generally a lean condition means high temps. Check to make sure air is entering only through the air filter and exiting only through the exhaust stinger. Everything else must be nice and tight; check for an air leak.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    What's best way to check? I know with cars u can spray carb cleaner around areas. Any similar metod for nitro RC?

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2
    USAF, Retired
    ERBE, Dewalt EMaxx, Rustler VXL

RC Competitor
    dish soap is the best way IMO

While the engine is running spray a little WD-40 around the carb and other suspect areas.

You can use soapy water for a cool engine and pressurizing the system to determine where the air leaks from.
    The Super Derecho

RC Champion
    I would start by looking for any fuel leaks, they're easy to spot. If that checks out, try richening the high speed needle by at least 1/2 a turn.
    erbe emaxx 26maxx s27revo 18tmrevo XXL platinum

RC Champion
    if its a revo 2.5, check the fuel tank seal under lid.
    you know.. i never had a sig.. but i do now...