RC Qualifier

XC's 540/MMP Rally Car Build

My 1/16 as a SCT was starting to get a little boring. I really wanted to try a 540 sized motor in one of these but it only seemed right on a lower car. So, I going to convert my slash into a offroad/onroad rally car. I'm going to try to make it as scale as possible. And that starts with alot of HP! Turns out you only need 3 parts for the motor conversion and the parts came in today so I'm going to start installing them!

Here's a before picture:
    [

RC Qualifier
    Here's how the car sits right now and below that is the parts needed. You can also buy the reciever box from the brushed version, but since it's not waterproof any more, you don't really need it.

These parts were all ordered from AMain.

TRA7380 - Traxxas Motor Plate - $6.89
    TRA7360 - Traxxas Finned 550 Motor Mount - $9.25
    TRA7379R - Traxxas 550 Gear Cover Set - $3.69

RC Qualifier
    looks like an interesting project!
    STRC Slash 4x4
    Hobby Hut Raceway, Audubon Pa.

RC Qualifier
    What motor/esc are you gonna put in it???? Please keep the updates coming!!!!
    rc10T3, TT Sparrowhawk XXB, Slash 4x4, 1/16 Rally

RC Qualifier
    Ok now that I'm finished with the install, I'll post the pictures.

Here's the two motor plates, the new brushed one on the left and the old one the right.

And here's the two different motor mounts, the new one is much bigger

RC Qualifier
    The pinion I had on there was way too small so I'm going to use the stock 23t. But at full clamp, there is no contact between the gears. So you can either buy a bigger spur (+45t) or open up the slot for the screw. I just sanded the slot longer

RC Qualifier
    Sorry I haven't updated in so long, been busy. Forgot to answer your qustions too. As you saw in the pic I'm using the Reedy 2-pole 3300kv motor and a Castle MMP. Didn't want a 4-pole because I wanted to be able to control it lol

Before I mounted back the tranny I had to cut the slot for the esc. The MMP will stick out a little, but nothing enough to be worried.

Here's the gear cover:

I used double sided tape to secure it.

I stuffed the deans plug under the motor, and it lines up perfectly toward the battery. Also used double-sided tape for the reciever. So I'm pretty much done. Just need to order the body(clear gymkhana fiesta) and the rear body posts.

Nice, Lookin good! you should get a screw kit, Clean those bad boys up. What also really helps, is soaking them in WD-40. That cleans up the screws real well too.
    Build, Bash, Clean, Repair, Repeat..