Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RC poster

5608-L with no batteries included?

Hello! I just unboxed my brand new e-revo brushless edition just to find out that there is no included batteries? Is this me misunderstanding "
    Now Includes Two 11.1-Volt Power Cell LiPo Battery Packs and LiPo Balance Chargers!" or is there a mistake somewhere? I find it quite confusing, I've checked some unboxings on youtube and they all include batteries in the batteries compartment but not on mine. It does say however, batteries packaged seperately, what does that mean? Does it mean that they forgot to ship the batteries?

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    that's weird it usually comes with two nimh packs or the new ones comes with lipos. You should contact the shop where you got it or return it and buy it from a good HS like Tower Hobbies, if you join their super savers club you might get a big discount and free shipping.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Where did you buy it? Are you in the states?

RC Turnbuckle Jr. humayrayakongkinaon's Avatar
    the model you bought should come with Lipo, i believe thats what that "L" stands for Lipo. sorry to hear about your lost but, yeah i should contact the place where you buy it immediately!!
    | Rally GT8 Powered By CC |

RC poster
    I bought my Slash 4x4 Ultimate Lipo from my local Hobby Shop. Got home and found there was no battery. I then noticed it says that the battery was shipped separately. I called the Hobby Shop and they said to come back to the store. I drove back and they gave me one out of their display case. I'm assuming that the hobby stores were unaware that Traxxas made the change to include Lipo batteries on certain models.

While back there was a company that was selling new trucks minus the batts for a lower price..
    Was the box opened?? You will just have to check with the seller....keep us updated...gl2u
    Would you go flip my truck back over??

RC Competitor
    I remember reading here that the lipos are not included in the box for safety reasons, also this way you get a fresh set of lipos from your hobby shop once you purchase it.

if the box was sealed with the plastic wrap then it would maybe fall on traxxas side but if it didnt have the plastic wrap then its on the hobbyshop side i would call and speak to a manager those are pricey lipos for sure. if it was on ebay then traxxas may not honor it but then again they may if it falls on them.
    DEU 8:18 ESV

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    that's what i was thinking with the new lipo regulations

RC poster
    From my understanding is the lipo's don't come in the box. The hobbyshop is suppose to give yu the lipo's from there stock.That way you get the freshes cells, because a may take along time for a kit to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by msbytes View Post
    From my understanding is the lipo's don't come in the box. The hobbyshop is suppose to give yu the lipo's from there stock.That way you get the freshes cells, because a may take along time for a kit to sell.
    You are correct. The LiPos are not packaged with the vehicle. Not only does this ensure the freshest cells but also allows you to upgrade your batteries if you so desire.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

Because I'm lazy what batts are suppose to come with the BL Revo....??
    IDB the XO1 gets 3s 5000 mAh 25C...

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    Revo comes with the same one's.

Quote Originally Posted by 87 GN View Post
    same lipos are the XO-1

edit: haha msbytes posted at the same time

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by WMendo21 View Post
    I remember reading here that the lipos are not included in the box for safety reasons, also this way you get a fresh set of lipos from your hobby shop once you purchase it.
    so why did the XO1 come with the lipos in the battery tray?.
    baja 5B
    ERBE
    XO-1
    Rally 1/10

I do not believe Traxxas had begun this practice prior to the XO-1 shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by msbytes View Post
    Revo comes with the same one's.

2/3s
    Oooomy......

RC poster
    Hey, thanks for all your answers! I'm in Sweden, bought it on Ebay from a german seller called Berlinski. I have contacted them but no answer yet, not strange though, I sent the e-mail like 23:00 local time and now it's 9 in the morning.

I'm sure they will solve this problem but I'll keep you updated.

Thing is that me and my boy was really looking forward to testing this thing out this weekend so now I'm searching for lipos everywhere, not easy to find anyone who has them in stock.

RC poster
    Ok, they have responded. He sais i bought a older version called 5608-1 and not the 5608-l. I havent seen a 5608-1 so I'm not sure but it doesnt really matter. He sais I got a 200euro more expensive unit, but he will through in the standard NiMh batteries anyway. So I think it's a good deal.

I tried to find Lipos in my area and it was impossible, no one had them in stock. I finally found a guy selling used once so I bought it, but they are too large and doesnt fit in the compartment very well, I cant close the lid. Still I took it for a ride in the snow and this thing is crazy, very fun to drive.

I'll be searching the forums here for what kind of lipos that actually do fit.

Try spc lipos they started shipping using UPS now kinda pricey on shipping but price and quality you get from them will be worth it. Remember to have a good lipo charger. There are tons of recommended chargers on the forum and here in the e revo as well.
    Shipping to your country is what's pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulan View Post
    Ok, they have responded. He sais i bought a older version called 5608-1 and not the 5608-l. I havent seen a 5608-1 so I'm not sure but it doesnt really matter. He sais I got a 200euro more expensive unit, but he will through in the standard NiMh batteries anyway. So I think it's a good deal.

I tried to find Lipos in my area and it was impossible, no one had them in stock. I finally found a guy selling used once so I bought it, but they are too large and doesnt fit in the compartment very well, I cant close the lid. Still I took it for a ride in the snow and this thing is crazy, very fun to drive.

Do you have a cover or the MMM2 ESC, do not get the ESC wet... it could kill the ESC.

I don't know, do some more checking or call Traxxas to confirm what the deal told you. I think he is taking advantage of you..

PM coming your way about batts......

I did some homework........

The 5608L comes with Traxxas Lipo's, & two Traxxas Balance Lipo chargers.
    The 5608 comes with Traxxas NiMH.

If there were not any batts in the box you should be getting the Lipo's (5608L).
    If there were NiMH in the box it is a 5608.

Is there any model numbers on the box??
    Was there two Lipo chargers in the box??
    Sounds to me the dealer might be ripping you off...

Wonder how many other who have bought the 5608L & did not know about the Lipo's, & never received them ....???

GL2U......

http://traxxas.com/products/models/e...erevobrushless

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    I have never heard about the 5608 1... I have never seen this type of model number in traxxas's system. I think the seller isnt telling the truth.

Id like to know if the 5608L comes with the chargers in the box and you just get the packs seperate or if you get the packs AND charger separate. This would clear up weather or not the seller is pulling a fast one.

As far as i know traxxas does not sell ANY RTR ERBE without some kind of pack and charger included. So, IMO, this seller is ripping you off. They said you got a $200 more expensive model... that makes no sense. The previous 5608 model with NIMHS is EXACTLY the same as the 5608L with lipos... just the batteries are different. So what model is worth $200 more that you supposedly got? the only way its a better deal is if you paid $200 LESS than what the 5608L costs... in which case you simply didnt pay for the lipos and charger so its really not a "deal" its just paying less and getting less.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

wouldnt the new e revo be in the plastic wrap still? even without the lipos in there and the chargers it would still be sealed because its like that from traxxas. Now i thought since its the nimh e revo model it would have those nimh in there with the nimh wall charger(s) and be sealed still with the plastic wrap.

got an idea has anyone noticed if there is a new manual coming with the new e revos? if there is it might explain the new lipos, chargers being included now.

If its in your manual to the OP about the lipos and chargers being included then it might be the new model that just came out if thats the case?

There is a new manual on the products page, BUT... it keeps locking up my computer.

The Lipo are mailed / shipped out after the sell... or they are suppose to be......post #11
    ksb...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I have it in my phone but can't send it

RC Enthusiast
    I bought the 5608L back in november online from the usa, the unit came with 2 lipos and 2 simple chargers inside the box, and the box was sealed with film. at least that's how I remember receiving it.

Also box indicates that the lipos are included. Can take a picture of it if needed.
    Last edited by acidburn123; 01-27-2013 at 02:35 AM.

RC poster
    @Mike-susieq1. Do you have any idea exactly what model of the spc is the best for the 5608?

@ 87 GN, I don't have the MMM2, but I managed to find a spot with very little snow yesterday to test the thing out. I dont think I got it wet. Today I'm going to try and find a garage or something. It's thawing today and definitely more wet outside.

I'm sure I have the 5608L. I cant find the model nr on the box, but it clearly sais Lipos are included on the box, it also sais on the box that the lipos are packed separately. But I also have to agree with the seller that I got more then I payed for since he has both products for sale, the 5608 for 699euro and the 5608-L for 899euro. I payed 699 but got the 5608L with no batteries. There are also other differences according to the seller, something he calls telemetrie, not sure what that is and I got the two lipo chargers. My box was in the original plastic sealing and seemed unopened when I got it. so I really think this is an honest mistake and maybe I'm not doing the worst of deals if he just sends me the nimh batteries.

as long as you are good.....its all good... but you should have received the Traxxas Lipos.......

Telemetry

http://traxxas.com/products/parts/tr...traxxaslink4ch

Well the regular 5608 comes with nimh packs anyway.
    Don’t handicap children by making life easy

Quote Originally Posted by acidburn123 View Post
    I bought the 5608L back in november online from the usa, the unit came with 2 lipos and 2 simple chargers inside the box, and the box was sealed with film. at least that's how I remember receiving it.

Also box indicates that the lipos are included. Can take a picture of it if needed.
    LiPos shipping separately was announced in early December 2012. I don't think the box gives the details, but the manual makes mention of it.

Quote Originally Posted by acidburn123 View Post

LiPos shipping separately was announced in early December 2012. I don't think the box gives the details, but the manual (revised 11/15/13) makes mention of it.

Don't ask why the NiMH packs are mostly invisible. I don't know.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-27-2013 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    LiPos shipping separately was announced in early December 2012. I don't think the box gives the details, but the manual (revised 11/15/13) makes mention of it.

Don't ask why the NiMH packs are mostly invisible. I don't know.
    How is it revised 11/15/13? Has the year gone by already I havent paid my car off yet! J/K KSB.

RC Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulan View Post

The unit that is more expensive is because it comes with Lipos. This dealer has ripped you off. As noted the 5608L ships with no batteries in the box now and the 5608 ships with NIMHs in the box. So if you got a sealed box with no batteries its the 5608L and the dealer is not honoring his end of the deal and IMO is taking advantage of you by acting like he is doing you a favor by throwing in something that comes free with the less expensive model.

Quote Originally Posted by mike-susieq1 View Post
    How is it revised 11/15/13? Has the year gone by already I havent paid my car off yet! J/K KSB.
    Got me! I lie... all the time. It was 11/16/12.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    The unit that is more expensive is because it comes with Lipos. This dealer has ripped you off. As noted the 5608L ships with no batteries in the box now and the 5608 ships with NIMHs in the box. So if you got a sealed box with no batteries its the 5608L and the dealer is not honoring his end of the deal and IMO is taking advantage of you by acting like he is doing you a favor by throwing in something that comes free with the less expensive model.
    It all depends on whether the box included the LiPo chargers, NiMH charger, or other. Then again, if it did but he wasn't charged for the LiPos, there is less cause for complaint...but still cause.
    Last edited by ksb51rl; 01-27-2013 at 06:43 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    If you got the 5608L with everything BUT the lipos its a better deal than if it was just a basic 5608... BUT, the 5608 DID come with Telemetry and NIMHs included at one point so if they are going to send you NIMH packs you basically got the latest version of the 5608 but got the lipo chargers for free. So if he DOES send you NIMH packs as you said he would, its a good deal. Without the nimh packs I think it would have been better to get the 5608. But thats just me. IMO, he SHOULD send you the Lipos HE definitely has in stock as thats what the car is SUPPOSED to come with.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ

Plan B)
    sell the NiMH as new & put the $$ to a good set of 2/2s Lipo's....................

RC poster
    I just got an e-mail from him confirming he just shipped out 2x NiMh batteries. While waiting I have ordered 2x 2s packs and 2x 3s packs. I have promised my local power company that if power goes out I will connect all my batteries to the outlet and ship power back to them ;-)

I have another car that my son drives, the NiMh's will be perfect for his car. I think I made an ok deal after all.

I have promised my local power company that if power goes out I will connect all my batteries to the outlet and ship power back to them ;-)

good one....LOL....
    take it a little easy with the 2/3s..

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Got me! I lie... all the time. It was 11/16/12.

It all depends on whether the box included the LiPo chargers, NiMH charger, or other. Then again, if it did but he wasn't charged for the LiPos, there is less cause for complaint...but still cause.
    You just got me thinking about paying my car off and buying our home finally. Looking forward to paying a mortgage for 30yrs lol.

To OP glad you got to order lipos at least and have use for the nimh packs your getting.