RC Qualifier

Question Question For GoPro user's

What do you use to mount the GoPro to your RC's? I have a Hero 3 on the way and not sure the best way to mount it. Do you use the suction cup? If so is the lexan strong and rigid enough to support it in a nasty crash? Suggestions on which mounts to use and pics of set ups will be helpful to me. Not sure if on different models it needs to be mounted any different. I have several Rustlers, both 2x4 and 4x4 Slashes, Revo and T&E Maxx's Jato and Nitro Sport and Rustler as well as a 1/16 Rally and a Stampede. Thought I would list what I have so I could get different set up's. Thanks in advance for the tips.
    Drive it, Break it, Upgrade it

RC Racer
    I have a hero 3 as well, for my 1/16 rally I just used the suction cup mount. For my slash 4x4 and 2wd I use the sticky mounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slash 4x4 VXL/3Racing sakura D3
    Castle Powered

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    For the OP - Rather than start a new thread, do you mind if I ask a question in this thread about my GoPro3 ?

RC Qualifier
    Go right ahead I might learn somethig as well.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Thank you jcjhl69

What software do people use to view their GoPro videos on a Windows operated PC? In particular Windows 7 or new versions.

I'm using windows media player to pre watch the footage.then videopad video editor to do my editing,Quite poorly I might add lol

Sent using lipo power
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    jamann is videopad editor a free software?

RC Champion
    I use VLC Player and it's free, it's the quickest most fully-functional player around and it's not bloated with ugly skins or add-ons etc..

When I've mounted my GoPro I used the factory mounts, but one fell off so I stopped using that - then I made a physical mount and bolted it to the chassis for my FPV project.

RC Turnbuckle Jr. pavmentsurfer's Avatar
    Ive tried mounting a gopro to a lexan body on my summit with just the standard sticky mount. Because the body is not permanently or mechanically attached (bolted directly) to the chassis it does wiggle quite a bit, especially with a rather large and heavy item like a go pro flopping around on top or off the side. It does technically "work" but not well IMO and only on a larger vehicle like a summit where the body has some rigidity to it. I tried the same setup on my 1/10 stampede and it was totally unwatchable and pretty much just caused the truck to flip over all the time.

The best way to mount a go pro, no matter what you mount it on, is to attach it to something that is hard mounted to the chassis. A bracket or something. You could build something for under the body and have the go pro look out through the windshield also. The one time I did mount my go pro to my stampede body it flipped over on the road and carved the case and case lens up really bad. For what a new go pro costs, its not worth having it hang off your RC just waiting to get damaged. Having it inside the body will protect it.
    Pede, Summit,
    ERBE, Rally,
    Motley Crew, 1SQ